Sweets if ending day under calorie goal?

Options
Hey everyone! So, I have a sweet tooth and I was just wondering if I can still have some sweets as long as I am under my daily calorie goal and will I still lose weight? I try to eat well all day (I'm trying to log everything) and I'm doing some cardio 6x a week. I'm on week 2 of calorie counting and exercising. Just curious since I cannot find anything online. Everything says NO SWEETS pretty much. Would love your opinions!

Replies

• ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    if you have the calories why not? not saying everyday but a little reward helps me along.
  • Leiki
    Leiki Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I do consume some sweets. Sometimes, I try to go for healthier sweets. I may choose fruit, or a low fat yogurt on some days. On others, I may choose dark chocolate, which is high in antioxidants, but help me curb the craving. On other days, I will treat myself to something delicious.
  • Causin
    Causin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    As long as you have the calories.....go for it. Don't deprive yourself or you won't want to stick with it. I have adapted the theory.....everything in moderation!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Of course. I drink beer versus the sweets, but same concept.
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I have a really sweet tooth as well and would hate to never eat anything sweet, if it fits inside your calories why not? Saying that I try and modify my sweet things like having dark chocolate coated goji berries or caramel flavoured rice cakes instead of eating huge chocolate bars…but then again I never have enough calories left for huge chocolate bars :smile:
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories I go for the sweets. I love a reeses peanut butter cup :) Hits the spot everytime and 1 cup is 100 cals, so I don't feel totally guilty when I'm done. If I have a lot of extra calories Frozen Yogurt has my name all over it too :)
  • billthekill
    Options
    Everything says NO SWEETS pretty much. Would love your opinions!

Looks like the people you are asking are stuck in the past. They are basing their opinion on myths and bro-science.

You absolutely can have sweets.
  • maevestewart
    Options
    Absolutely! Just choose 'better' sweet options. Some of my favourites are chocolate dipped fruit, sweet & choc dipped muslie bars, sweet drinks with low fat milk - frappes hot chocolates ect. You deserve a treat every now and then and lets face it they are not the best foods to consume but they sure beat high fat & sugary processed treats like some cakes, choc bars and biscuits.
  • scoste
    scoste Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just had a Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree square. It's dark chocolate with sea salt and roasted almonds! 50 calories. It's great with a handful of raspberries! Don't deprive yourself of sweets, you'll just want them even more and risk overeating them!
  • sar04tamu
    sar04tamu Posts: 27
    Options
    Unless you're going to give up sweets for the rest of your life, you need to figure out how to incorporate them in your new lifestyle. I eat sweets a lot still, I just eat smaller portions. I've lost 8 lbs in about 8 weeks.
  • MonkeyFlower
    MonkeyFlower Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Just had a Ghirardelli Sea Salt Soiree square. It's dark chocolate with sea salt and roasted almonds! 50 calories. It's great with a handful of raspberries! Don't deprive yourself of sweets, you'll just want them even more and risk overeating them!

ok i need to find someone who sells these in Brisbane!!
  • witzy21
    witzy21 Posts: 7
    Options
    Never deprive yourself! It sets you up for crazy binge days. I am guilty of eating one sweet thing every day, but in moderation. For example, I have a large blizzard in my freezer that I have been working on for a few days now... 5 or 6 bites a day and I'm totally satisfied and under 300 calories. You will still lose weight as long as you don't go over your calorie allowance, no matter what you eat (fat/protein/sugar/carbs)
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    If you look at my diary you'll see that I have ice cream just about every night! Works for me :-)
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yes I incorporate sweets as well and I have lost 22 pounds in 2 and a half months! If you have the calories go for it as long as you get some exercise in too!

15112172.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits in my world.
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would say sweets once and a while wouldn't hurt..Sounds like you plenty of calories..I just asked my trainer the same question last week..She said just because you have the calories you still need to make wise food choices..So I stopped eating my favorite candy bar everyday...to maybe once a week or sometimes not at all.I make a low calorie peanut butter pie that takes care of my sweet tooth......
  • iamlottiebee
    iamlottiebee Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree with the pro-sweets people who have posted above :)

If I have calories left at the end of the day, I'll have an after dinner treat. I figure this is a lifestyle choice, and if I'm actually going to stick to it for life, I have to be realistic. And in reality - I love sweets WAY to much to never have them again! I just make sure I can justify them, then they taste that much sweeter!!
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I happen to like a bowl of peanut butter flavored multigrain cheerios and it satisfies a sweet tooth!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options

ok i need to find someone who sells these in Brisbane!!

You should fnd Lindt dark choc with sea salt in supermarkets - doesn't have almonds but it's very good :smile:

To the OP: as long as most of your day is filled with nutritious choices, enjoy your sweets.
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Klondike bar at least 3 times a week and still lost weight! You absolutely can have sweets.

I haven't changed much since joining MFP...just watch my calories...I still have cream/sugar with my coffee, dessert, etc.

As long as you are under your calories it's ok....