first day! and excersie questions

Options
nice to meet u all i was just wondering if i stay under my cal without excersing will i still loos weight? so busy with work and school right now not enough time to get moving?! :( just hope i can do this!

Replies

• Linsstech
    Linsstech Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I saw a quote the other day that said "right now someone busier than you is running." that gets me moving when I think I don't have time.
  • llarsen29
    llarsen29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you really keep track of everything you're eating and you're eating enough (this is a common mistake), you should lose weight. I have weeks where it's hard to get to the gym. However, I will say that I ALWAYS feel better when I've made it to the gym that day...it gives me more energy and much more motivation to keep going on this journey :) Good luck!
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes! I rarely get to work out and I have lost 13 lbs since I started at the end of January.
  • jamoises
    jamoises Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have heard that it is 70% diet 30% exercise.
  • bleumanchu
    bleumanchu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Getting your nutrition goals in check is the foundation of weight loss. If you exercise for hours a day but replace every last calorie burned, your WEIGHT will remain essentially stable, though your body composition might change significantly. But just like a foundation without walls or a roof isn't a house, diet without exercise only provides some of the benefits a change in your lifestyle overall can provide.

The short answer is "yes", but anything you can do to increase your daily activity is going to pay huge dividends down the road (appearances, the way clothes fit, your cardiovascular health, your energy levels, mood, aches and pains, self-esteem, etc.).

Whatever you are able to do, congrats for getting started, and keep fighting the good fight.
  • danaelamb
    danaelamb Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck on your journey. I do not excercise and have lost 20 pounds in ten weeks.
  • joanaHL
    joanaHL Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi there! It's my first day too!!! Lets do this together!
  • chelsiecav
    Options
    THANKS ALL! LETS O THIS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT
  • mischa_12
    mischa_12 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Exercising makes you feel like you have more engergetic and will help you stay motivated on your diet imho. Can you not wake up a little bit earlier in the mornings and dedicate 20 mins to walking around the block at least?