Sweets if ending day under calorie goal?

Options
2»

Replies

• dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have two dove promises every night. I log them first thing in the morning :-) That is 88 calories a day I am not givng up. I have found that straight chocolate really hits the spot. Really good dark chocolate (55%-70%) is really good as well. I sometimes melt it down and drizzle it over fruit with a bit of whipped cream :-)
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    my 'go to' sweet treat these days is four twizzlers ~ sweet but not too too bad ~ and it does the trick! :):wink:
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Look this is about a lifestyle change. Think of the calories as a budget ; you can spend it on whatever you want as long as you stay within the budget. I don't know about you, but I don't want to imagine a diet that doesn't include the occasional piece of chocolate.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    It's all calories in, calories out. You could eat crap all day and as long as you were under your calorie goal, you could still lose weight.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself every once in a while! :)
  • pfalcona
    pfalcona Posts: 3
    Options
    Everything in M-O-D-E-R-A-T-I-O-N. I'm a chocoholic to the nth degree and if I have calories left over, I go for a Hershey's special dark kiss or a Girl Scouts thin mints cookie (which are my fave this time of year). I just need to remember to eat the serving size if it fits into my calorie goal. If you deprive yourself, you''ll be setting yourself up to fail. You can do this!! Enjoy this process as you reap the results. :)
  • alluvion
    alluvion Posts: 28
    Options
    Why ruin a perfectly good day with sweets and rubbish?
  • Bikini_Bound150
    Bikini_Bound150 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!! :)
  • Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    If I have extra calories at the end of the day I will often times eat a treat.
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I have a 170cal Reese's peanut butter egg almost every single night.
    I've lost 13lbs since Jan 31. I eat amazing all day and work out hard and after dinner I want to have sweets so guess what, I have them.
    99.99% of the time my little treats never put me over, and if they do then it's only by a couple calories.

I rule my diet, it doesn't rule me.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Look this is about a lifestyle change. Think of the calories as a budget ; you can spend it on whatever you want as long as you stay within the budget. I don't know about you, but I don't want to imagine a diet that doesn't include the occasional piece of chocolate.
    ^^^^^^
    Absolutely!
  • imtriagain
    imtriagain Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Nothing is off limits in my world.

This is me too. I just make sure things are in my calorie allowance, including wine, carbs, sweets, etc. The main way I am able to do this is via additional exercise. I do try not to go overboard, but I do try to limit things a bit - eg, save wine for the weekends only.

By not depriving myself,I feel like I'm on an eating plan I can now sustain for life.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Personally, I try to limit my sweets, because I am aiming to limit added sugar/processed sweeteners.

So I try to keep the sweets only 2-3 times a week.

For daily consumption, I stick to fruit or greek yogurt + fruit or hot chocolate that is minimally processed (this counts against my "added sugar target for the week)

When TOM comes to town my sweet cravings increase, and I might give in a little bit more, but not daily.
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Chocolate and peanut butter are my weakness :) can i get your recipe for peanut butter pie?
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Heck yes! I make mini cookies (2tsp) bake them and freeze them... when I have some extra calories left I pull them out and enjoy. Or a bowl of captain crunch! Ha!
  • lilbitsc89
    lilbitsc89 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I don't feel so bad about my sweet tooth now....lol i dont do it everynight but a few times a week if I have calories left over
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    I have a 170cal Reese's peanut butter egg almost every single night.
    I've lost 13lbs since Jan 31. I eat amazing all day and work out hard and after dinner I want to have sweets so guess what, I have them.
    99.99% of the time my little treats never put me over, and if they do then it's only by a couple calories.

I rule my diet, it doesn't rule me.
    Crap, you just reminded me I have one of those sitting in the cupboard - bought it last week for a treat and it's still there. D'OH!

OP, I have 3,4, even 6 Cadbury mini eggs (the kind that are solid milk chocolate covered with a crunchy shell) many days. I can nurse three or four of them for a good 20 minutes! A huge treat, and if I can spare the 50-60 calories, I am going to do it if I feel like it. What I am doing now is MUCH more reasonable than what I would treat myself to in days of old!
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    I eat organic dark chocolate every day. It is always 70% or higher and I just make sure I have the calories for it.