High protein breakfast

Options
Hi all-
Does anyone have suggestions for a quick, high protein breakfast? One of many reasons for my weight gain is due to have some episodes of low blood sugar. So of course I ate quite often and many times things with lots of sugart to try to prevent this. It feels awful. This was mostly happening late morning so it was suggested that I eat a breakfast high in protein. I have been eating Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches everyday. They have been keeping my sugar stable but I don't like any of the D'Lite options so I am eating the regular ones that are obviously really bad for you.

Thanks much,
Gina

Replies

• pamary
    pamary Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Best breakfast is egg whites with tomatoes,or any other vegetables, sprinkled with sea salt and pepper! Low cal and great for you! :smile:
  • Tajdancer
    Tajdancer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Cheese omelet with veggies?

I don't eat the typical breakfast meats anymore--too much sodium. Occasionally Price Rite has sandwich steaks on sale (fresh, not the Steak-Um kind), and I'll have an ounce of that.
  • hollyhunt123
    Options
    I don't have alot of time for breakfast, but I know I need it, and I also want high protein to keep me full. I eat a Luna protein bar with a cup of skim milk, or the special K protein bar with a glass of skim milk. They both are so good and fill me up!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I hardboil 7 eggs each Sunday. One a day for breakfast through the week (along with a pack of oatmeal) keeps me full until noon.
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Banana Smoothie(may have too many sugars for you so substitute some other fruit) made with greek yogurt and unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
  • kriskaryl
    kriskaryl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Best breakfast is egg whites with tomatoes,or any other vegetables, sprinkled with sea salt and pepper! Low cal and great for you! :smile:

Add low fat shredded cheese and a few bacon bits. Very high protein, low fat, low carb. Blend up a protein shake adding your favorite flavors and unsweetend almond milk and a touch of Splenda and you have a breakfast or mid-morning snack on the go. I always havve a little breakfast and take a shake to go.
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I've made my own breakfast sandwhiches, wrap them in foil, toss in a freezer bag, then you can pull one out, toss it in the fridge, in the morning, microwave it and go. it will be healthier as you control what goes on them!!

I detest having to cook early in the morning LOL
  • jessamy
    jessamy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been eating old fashion oatmeal with a scoop of protein & tbsp of PB. It is very filling, & quick. I leave a 1/2 cup measuring cup in the canister of oatmeal to make it quicker.

I like your hard boiled eggs idea.
  • thinby40
    thinby40 Posts: 113
    Options
    I agree with having eggs for breakfast...I love the veggie egg beaters w/ reduced fat cheese. I also like lite multi-grain english muffins w/ peanut butter or protein shakes for breakfast.
  • robin49505
    robin49505 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Whey protein makes for a great shake in the morning - I always add frozen fruit too. The hard boiled eggs are a good option. I add a container of Greek yogurt to my oatmeal - that's a great way to add protein. I'm not a big fan of Greek yogurt but I actually have acquired a taste for it now.......hope this helps!
  • NateDad
    NateDad Posts: 55
    Options
    Cottage cheese is great in the morning. Try mixing with no sugar added applesauce or fresh fruit and berries. Low fat cottage cheese has a ton of protein per calorie. Greek yogurt is also great and can be eaten on the run. Plain old eggs really don't take much time. Make sure a non-stick fry pan is clean and on the stove the night before, break 2-3 eggs into it (no oil or butter needed), sprinkle with a little salt, and pop a piece of high protein bread in the toaster. Put the eggs on the toast and eat with a fork. A very filling breakfast in only 5 minutes, tons of protein, and only about 320 calories. Clean the pan when you get home at night.
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I shared a Quinoa Buckwheat Pancake recipe on another thread.
    235 Calories, 35 carbs, 6 fats, 10 protein, 3 fiber, 2 saturated fat

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/356003-any-low-calorie-breakfast-lunch?
  • dbf10q
    dbf10q Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't go a morning without my ViSalus Vi-Shape meal replacement shake. When combined with my almond soy milk and fruit, I can have a shake that is between 20-25 grams of protein. Makes a BIG difference for me.
  • lewandt
    lewandt Posts: 566
    Options
    One of my favorites is egg whites cooked in the microwave (30-40 seconds). Toast an english muffin add the egg and 1/2 cheese slice. Very yummy! I bring the egg in a small Tupperware container to work and zap it in the microwave for a quick breakfast. Tastes just like McDonalds egg mcmuffin.
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I love Kashi Go Lean cereal at 13 grams a serving! I also really like egg white omelets with turkey bacon and some whole grain toast (you could find the protein packed kind for an extra boost). Yum!
  • mshockey23
    Options
    Wow, so many ideas. Thank you all so much. I can't wait to start trying them! I love all the support on this site!