A question for the ladies...

Options
I know that women tend to gain weight for their TOM but as I am new to the whole weightloss thing I need a little help. Do women tend to gain (I guess its actually retaining water) before or during their TOM? How much weight gain? Does it go away right after?

Replies

• MRSWESSON
    MRSWESSON Posts: 107
    Options
    Mine Varies month to month, sometimes it starts a week before sometimes it is during...I just know i feel puffy and my weight goes up 3-6 pounds without any reason (no dietary changes etc) so I would say if the scale gives you 2-4 pounds more all of a sudden I would assume it is TOM depending on how far your "date" is :blushing:
  • jojogirl
    jojogirl Posts: 99
    Options
    I guess it really depends on what you are eating during that time. I like salty food during and have gained as much as 7-9#. This past, I stayed away from sodium and drank all my water and I only gained 1.5#.
    229843.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

exercise.png
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Umm, I haven't ever noticed a change in weight gain or loss during lady days. Maybe .5 - 1 pound?

I say, just keep eating right and exercising as usual. Ignore the scale that week... or two! Heck - try only weighing in every month!
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    Options
    For some reason I seem to drop a pound or 2 right before it starts and then I bounce up and hover at a couple pounds up for a week and then I am back on the downward trend. I try not to give in to the salty cravings, but sometimes it is unavoidable. :smile:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    you know i have problems with this since i am on the Depo shot and it stops my period, i still go through the symptoms some times but its hard to tell if weight gain would be a factor during this time for me.....
  • abatres7
    abatres7 Posts: 146
    Options
    Mine is an average of 2 lbs, days before the start and I dont see it go away until my 5th day. Strange...I know, but all women are different. especially since some of us may eat more around that time or go straight for salty foods that cause us to retain water. :noway:
  • acrylicrocks
    Options
    My weight tends to go up and down on a regular basis when its not "that time." So girlie issues only make matters worse. I can gain as much as seven pounds the week before. That and I can't seem to stop eating and feel lazy lazy LAZY!!!
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Definitely depends on the person. Mine can be between 1 and 5 lbs heavier than on a normal day. I don't weigh myself for that week :)