Any good low carb recipes?

Options
Looking for some new ideas for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. No processed foods. Thanks!

Replies

• sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I just found a recipe for Mr. Peanut Bread. Haven't tried it yet, but has lots of good reviews. Also go to food.com and search for Low Carb, sort by most popular and you'll find all kinds of good recipes.
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I just made Jamie Eason's "turkey muffins" tonight... surprisingly good. Did not follow the spice recipe exactly... added chopped garlic and skipped the carrots, shredded the onion... and added a little parmesan cheese for some more flavor. But very tasty!

2 lbs ground turkey (or chicken)
    * 3 egg whites
    * 1 cup quick cooking oats
    * 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    * 1/2 tsp dried thyme
    * 2 tsp dry yellow mustard
    * 2 tsp black pepper
    * 2 tsp chipotle pepper spice
    * 1 tsp salt
    * 2 tbsp garlic powder (2 cloves minced)
    * 1 small onion (finely chopped)
    * 2 celery stalks (finely chopped)
    Directions:
    1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
    2. Spray muffin pan with canola or olive oil.
    3. Mix all your ingredients together in one large bowl.
    4. Roll the mixture into balls and place in muffin pan. Muffins should be about the size of a racquetball.
    5. Bake for 40 minutes.
    Makes 12 muffins.

Calories: 80
    Fats: 2 grams
    Carbs: 4 grams
    Protein: 11 grams

This comes from bodybuilding.com
  • frugalmomsrock
    frugalmomsrock Posts: 1,123
    Options
    I JUST made a low carb chicken parm tonight that was great. No processed foods, though... do you eat Mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese? :-/ They're sort of processed, I guess...

at any rate....Here's what I did:

you can modify to suit your needs.

2# boneless, skinless chicken breast
    1/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
    1/2 c. fat free mozzarella cheese
    3/4 c. low carb pasta sauce
    Mrs. Dash, Italian seasonings to taste
    1/4 c. low fat mayonnaise

Preheat oven to 425. Mix Parmesan cheese with seasonings. Put chicken and mayo in a baggie and squish around to coat chicken. Remove one piece of chicken, place on plate, and sprinkle each side with the seasoned cheese. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet. Repeat for each piece of chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes (until browned and temp in middle is at least 160). Remove and evenly cover each piece of chicken with pasta sauce and cheese. Put back into oven until the cheese is melty.

Calories:203
    Fat:6
    Carbs:5
    Fiber: 1
    Protein:36
    Sodium (will vary depending on sauce, I used a Rinaldi sauce): 535 ish.
  • date_navis
    date_navis Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This recipe is full of carbs!:carrots, seeded cucumbers, bamboo shoots, cabbage, green onion, some silken tofu perhaps, peppers, and any other veggie you would like. Make sure everything is in a small dice or Julianne, and combine in a bowl. In another bowl: add 4T of low sodium soy, 3T of rice wine vinegar, and 7T of sesame oil. Stir vigorously till thick and add crushed seschuan chill pepper and fresh ginger to taste. Add the vinaigrette to the slaw of vegetables. You can serve this in iceberg lettuce cups or you can simply eat it like coleslaw. Either way, you have a high nutrient, low density, GOOD CARB recipe to eat and enjoy. Hope this helps!
  • thelowcarbrecipes
    thelowcarbrecipes Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Maybe check out http://thelowcarbrecipes.com/ for a few ideas. I have 100+ recipes you can get ideas from