Help me please...I have no interest in food...

Options
jigglybits
jigglybits Posts: 100 Member
I have no idea what is going on but i have no interest in food. Nothing tastes right or even tempts me right now :sad: Eating has become a chore...I am not enjoying it...I know this sounds terrible but I used to love :heart: food and I mean love food:heart: but now nothing tastes good or looks good... Anyone know what's going on???

Replies

• gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    couple thoughts-

When I can't eat food- I drink it. Make a smoothie with pb and milk, toss in some molasses and drink.

Thyroid issues can take hunger away. High levels of cortisol can do the same thing.

How long has this been going on and how severe is it? Are you just not hungry today or are you having trouble reaching 1200 calories every day?

Another thought- sinus infections (or other breathing issues) can make you less hungry because you can't smell the food.
  • PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    It's to freaking HOT!! I hate eating in the summer because I LOVE hot food and the last thing you want to do is put a hot meal in your gut when its 95 outside. BLAH!
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    You could be pregnant that is a sign. Or have you quit smoking ciggarettes recently that will surely make everything taste different. Both of these things altered my tastebuds incredibly.
  • jigglybits
    Options
    It's to freaking HOT!! I hate eating in the summer because I LOVE hot food and the last thing you want to do is put a hot meal in your gut when its 95 outside. BLAH!

Nothing to do with the heat I live in Ireland and it's only been raining for the past 2 months:mad:
  • totallytasha
    totallytasha Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    'Round my TOM I start to fluctuate between being a little nauseous/without appetite and DYING for junk food. Could have something to do with that? :smile:
  • jigglybits
    Options
    You could be pregnant that is a sign. Or have you quit smoking ciggarettes recently that will surely make everything taste different. Both of these things altered my tastebuds incredibly.

No quit smoking 6 months ago...so i already went through that then...and definately not pregnant:sick: :noway:
  • jigglybits
    Options
    The only thing I can tolerate is water...I can't handle the taste of anything
  • karenmacneil
    Options
    I know this is going to sound strange, but damn i wish i was you! All i want to do is eat, which is not very good for a diet.
    It seems like you're in a place were food isn't controlling your life, which sounds like a good place to be. I can understand how being uninterested in food would make eating seem like a chore, but perhaps it's just a phase that will pass. The only advice I can offer (which isn't much) .... do you cook? i don't cook - i hate cooking - but people who cook seem to have a lot of fun with food and get really jazzed about food. Maybe you should go to the movies and see julie and julia :wink: :wink:
  • parrotlover
    parrotlover Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wierd....i have been having the same trouble for about a week. I just haven't been very hungry...i still eat but i am not hungry...i don't get hungry for lunch but i eat and i didn't eat much all day today and I am not even hungry for dinner...but i am going to eat something just to eat it...i figured it was just a phase....I hope you figure it out... is this like what is goiing on with you>>>or is it more the taste?
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can tolerate is water...I can't handle the taste of anything

You might want to visit your physician, jiggly. This can be a symptom of many things. You say it's been raining for two months, you could be depressed. This can be aided by going to a tanning salon.
    Don't put it off, go to the doc and make sure everything's ok.

:flowerforyou:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I was that way when I went on steroids for back pain.