Not so new, in need of support

Options
Hello MFPers! I am not that new to MFP. My goal is to lose 20 pounds before the summer. However, I lack support and encouragement. If anyone would be kind to add me so that we could encourage and motivate each other, I would appreciate it. Thanks. -Marina

Replies

• Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hey Marina
    Good on you for making the first step and congrats with your degree.
    The most simple advice I can give you is a mantra I've picked up from watching shows like the biggest loser -burn more calroeis than you consume.
    This site has been great to help track recommended calories for my weight loss goals then it's a matter of making sure most days you are within the calories intake it recommends. I also gain alot more calories "points" by working out most mornings at the gym before work. That's a key. I had to make that part of my daily routine 6-7 days a week to start with and now I have cut down to 5 days as I am getting closer to my goals and I'm more interested in toning than losing. It's taken 2 months to get within 5 pounds of where I want to be so it is achievable. I started needing to lose about the same weight hence my interest was piqued and would like to pass on any helpful information.
    If you can't get to a gym there are plenty of sites that can help put together a non gym work out which will see you shed the weight and tone up the muscles.
    What have you been doing in terms of exercise and calorie counting?
    Good Luck, Mauri
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Marina,
    Hi, I've also been with MFP for awhile, but just recently hooked up with some really nice people. Love hearing about what they do during their days...what's on their minds. Would love to friend you. It's way more motivating than I thought it would be.
  • diana79
    diana79 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Marina!
    It seems that you and I share a common goal :) I would love to befriend you. We can do this together!!
    ~Diana
  • Pomidorka
    Pomidorka Posts: 36
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and support Mauri. Since I have plantar fasciitis on my left foot and flat feet I am unable to do impact workouts. I do not run. I have been working out at home to The Firm video and ripped in 30 by Jillian Michaels. I've noticed my feet hurt more after working out to ripped in 30 so I have stopped. I am working out to the Firm video and started going to the gym this week. I used to log my calories here all the time and then began to slack. I am back on and will be logging calories here. My doctor recommended that I use the bicycle machine and elliptical trainer. So far so good.
  • Maurice1966
    Maurice1966 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Tenacity, persistence and consistently applying your self regardless of what you do will earn you the results. Much the same advice in any feild of excellence. Log those cals. I was surprised what i was putting in at first. Snacking after dinner was a prime downfall for me. Keep at it. It gets easier :)