Almost a quarter of the way there, looking for support!

Options
At 5'4", I started at 267 pounds on January 8th of this year, and this morning I weighed in at 242.6! I'd like to get down at least to 160, but since I'm not sure what I'll look like and how much more I would want to lose at that point, I'll see if/how much I'd like to go down from there.

I started out taking the "minimum of 1200 calories per day" as a bit of a challenge, trying to get no more than 1200/day. After a couple of weeks, I realized it just wasn't right, and I reevaluated my numbers. My goal is currently set at 1550/day with a goal to lose 2 pounds/week (I've decided to adjust it down once I hit 200 pounds to make sure I lose weight healthily).

I feel FANTASTIC, and I never go hungry. I try to walk at least 3 miles a day, 3 days a week. I park at the back of the parking lot and take the stairs whenever possible. I run around with my daughter and find excuses to burn a few extra calories when I can. I don't know why I thought losing weight was going to be hard--I'm loving every minute of it!

I'd like to have a few more friends here on MFP to cheer each other on and keep up the motivation. Preferably others that have a higher (normal) calorie intake goal, rather than attempting to starve yourself to lose weight. I'm not on a diet, I'm taking charge of my LIFE!
My husband and family are great support (I'm sure my daughter would be as well, but since she only just turned 2, I guess she's just happy to go for so many stroller rides and more trips to the park!). However, even with the support I have at home, I'd like some to hold me accountable for my logging and help keep me motivated! I promise I can be a good cheerleader and I love seeing others do well in their lifestyle changes!!

21 years old, full-time college student, part-time worker, mother, wife, LOVER OF MY NEW LIFE!! I'm so excited to be at a healthy weight and be able to RUN! It's my ultimate goal to be able to run, and after a couple of trial runs, I'm getting closer and closer to my goal!

Hope to get some good responses! Feel free to add me!!

Replies

• EpicRosie
    EpicRosie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Wow you're doing great! I just joined a little while ago and have been doing okay without friends. i'm on the 1200 calorie one but I still find that not treating it like a diet is really helpful in not making it miserable. and I find being able to track my calorie intake makes it easier to not eat way too little.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    You've mad great progress. I'm happy to hear you eat. I eat a lot. Probably between 3-4k a day, All it takes is the right food and exercise. I also like to walk outside like you. I try every day but, I lift weights (fullbody) every other day so, sometimes I'm tired.

Don't let the world change you, change the world.
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You're story sounds a lot like mine although I'm finding it hard to get an actual "work out" in after getting hurt over the weekend and my son deciding he suddenly wants to be a night person. I started October at 276 on my own and lost 16 pounds. I'm down 15 since joining MFP. I'd love some more friends. My final goal is between 180 and 160 depending on how I look then but I'm just focusing on losing 10% at a time. Makes the whole journey less daunting
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Hi! Would love to have you as a friend. I currently have a calorie goal of 1580 and i am here daily. I'm a 25 year old mom of 2 and i work nights. I started at 231, now at 162.
  • brittni127
    Options
    Id also love to add you as a friend. We sound pretty similar. I'm 23 have 2 girls, ages 3 and 16 months. I just graduates last year and wor k part time and my husband is still in school. Heighest weight when I was pregnant was 250, heighest non was 238 and I'm about 10lbs under that now. Have done the 1200 calories deal and got down to 206lbs and then gained it all back and then some. Now I range from 1500-1700. I'm in it as a lifestyle change. My 2 goals are to qualify to have a waterbirth whenever I get pregnant again (there are weight requirements because being really overweight puts you in a high risk category and you must be completely low risk to have a waterbirth) and then also to run a 5k. I cant run at all right now :/
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You're so awesome, I'd add you all over again :D
  • AllieCat5683
    Options
    Gemi- Best. Friends. It's nice being able to joke about what an "awful" day I've had. Makes it easier to remember to grab my headphones before walking out the door, and I can laugh while doing it!!

Everyone else- I think I added everyone that replied, looking forward to motivating each other and seeing other people getting closer to their goals of a healthy weight and a healthy life(style)!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Gemi- Best. Friends. It's nice being able to joke about what an "awful" day I've had. Makes it easier to remember to grab my headphones before walking out the door, and I can laugh while doing it!!

Everyone else- I think I added everyone that replied, looking forward to motivating each other and seeing other people getting closer to their goals of a healthy weight and a healthy life(style)!

It's very easy to be friends with someone as awesome as you! :D