drinking water, not peeing

Options
j99li
j99li Posts: 421 Member
I have drank about 20 cups of water today but I haven't been peeing much. Its fairly warmer here now for March and I'm sweating a bit more and I also work out on mon wed and fri at the gym. Is there a reason for not peeing as much? I also feel really swollen recently, I feel that I am getting "puffy" and tonight, I weighed in at 197!!!! That's the highest I've weighed in at! I wonder why this is happening...any suggestions?

Replies

• taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Water has no calories but it has weight. As for not peeing after 20 cups of water--that is a mystery.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    Did you eat a lot of salt in the last couple days?
  • brenlee1965
    Options
    Possibly retaining fluid or pre-period time.
  • j99li
    Options
    Possibly retaining fluid or pre-period time.

I actually just finished my period a week ago :S
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Honestly, if you're not peeing that much and puffy, I would talk to your dr.
    eta - after looking at your food diary, unless you went crazy on the sodium over then weekend when you weren't logging, go see a dr!
  • Eranajb
    Eranajb Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Definately talk to your doctor. It could be a kidney issue, such as an infection. please do get checked out!
  • j99li
    Options
    Honestly, if you're not peeing that much and puffy, I would talk to your dr.
    eta - after looking at your food diary, unless you went crazy on the sodium over then weekend when you weren't logging, go see a dr!

Well...I usually dont drink as much on the weekends cuz I'm always out and about with difficulty finding a washroom. Also, I did eat out pretty much all weekend so i probably have ingested excessive amounts of sodium that I do not want to think about haha
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I agree with seeing your doctor. In the meantime I'd avoid any over-the-counter meds that are processed through the kidneys, like Advil (ibuprofen) and aspirin, or at least talk to your doc before you take them.
  • TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    20 cups is a lot. Your kidneys may need a brake, slow down to about 10 or 12 a day.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    GET TO A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    20 cups is really high, although if it's hot and you're sweating you can get away with more than the standard 8 or so.
    Just because our bodies need to be hydrated, drinking a huge amount isn't always better for you - if you drink TOO much its very bad for you.
    The fact that you aren't peeing is not healthy. If this continues, definitley get to your doctor for advice.
  • Shondatingting
    Options
    GET TO A DOCTOR!!!!!!!!

^^^this!
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    YES! DOCTOR!
  • LoveAngie
    LoveAngie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the opposite issue. I feel like none of the water I drink gets absorbed into my body because it seems like it all quickly goes right back out. Is that how it is supposed to be?