do you buy smaller clothes thinking that you will be able to

Options
wear it?sorry, left that part out.
that's me :( I really have a hard time being disciplined and now i'm stuck with so much clothes than don't even fit. I really want to do this, and i should stop whining, but it's hard

Replies

• EpicRosie
    EpicRosie Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    when ordering clothes online sometimes i'll lie about my size thinking that i'll be able to lose enough weight to fit so i'll end up with clothes that are a size or two too small. but hopefully MFP will help me reach that size. just stick with it and check in every day.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Sort of, I don't actually buy the clothes, but I refuse to buy any new ones at my bigger size, the outcome is I'm wearing clothes that are about 5 years old and older and some of them are falling apart!!
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I bought a really pretty bra last year in a much smaller size. I didn't kid myself in thinking it would fit, but I am using it as a motivator. I want to be able to wear things like that again. Right now if I need a new bra I have to drive an hour so that I can get a quality bra. We have a Victoria Secret in town, but I have to drop a couple sizes before I can go back there to buy things for myself.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I've only done this once! I'm a size 2 or 3, but I recently bought a size one pair of jeans that fit me, but still give me a little muffin top. And since they're white they really emphasize the size of my thighs. Although I refuse to wear them until they compliment me more, they give something to work towards!

You'll be glad once you reach the point where you can actually wear them :D Let those clothes serve as extra motivation!
  • annejuju
    annejuju Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't buy many. I had a pair of pants I bought on clearance before dieting that didn't fit (I neglected to tried them on) so I hung them on my bathroom door when I started dieting. They're now too big so my boyfriend bought me a cute pair of shorts a size too small (I can button and zip them but it's not really cute) to work towards.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    i bought jeans a size too small on purpose so it would motivate me to want to lose weight to wear them
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll buy jeans that fit, but are a little snug, because I know if I buy them to fit right, they won't fit in a month.
  • smkcx♥
    smkcx♥ Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm Guilty. I buy my clothes 'snug' and think Oh im going to lose weight and they'll fit me soon enough. /or/ I hold on to clothes that ppl have gotten me that were too small thinking 'ill get into these eventually'.
  • Bettsy_A
    Bettsy_A Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I used to, but then I'd end up not reaching my goal size and have a whole heap of clothes that were useless, and I'd feel like I failed.
    Now I buy new clothes when I reach goals. Little rewards for when I get there, so when I wear them I can go out in them right away :)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I'll buy jeans that fit, but are a little snug, because I know if I buy them to fit right, they won't fit in a month.

I don't buy things that are way too small,. but I do sometimes buy things that are just a bit tight- that way, when I wear them it reminds me that I need to make healthy food choices if I want to fit into them!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    a few months back I got some Levi 501's off ebay. My waist had just got to between the 32 and 31 and half and I thought 'a few more inches I will fit in a 30 waist', so I got some that are 30 waist... but unfortunately due to today's designs they fasten just above the hips around my tummy and my tummy was still 35" so needless to say I struggle to get them up and am no where near fastening them! :sad:

I've put them in suitcase under the bed, if they don't fit me within the next year they'll end up in a charity bag. I was more hopeful now after just getting into 12-14 PJ's and I got some Calvin Klein denim dungaree shorts which are 12-14 and I can (only just) get in those now, so maybe in them comfortably by summer... still not sure about the jeans!

All my weight is around my tummy though and only way to get that off is lose all over, but my boobs and top half are already much thinner than I wanted them to be.. so I'm not sure where to go from here as I'm only 3lbs off goal, so would have go at least another half a stone down to get tummy off to get in those Levi's I think? ... I think I'd look too thin.. going under 9 stone and get too much skin (I'm 43 this year)
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I don't buy new ones, but I have some pair of jeans which fitted me 2 years ago and I really want to be albe to wear them again..this is what motivates me! :)
  • duffydog1
    duffydog1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I do occasionaly buy things too small as a motivator. In fact I bought a great red dress for christmas and managed to loose a stone before christmas to fit into it. But I have not lost much since!

Mostly I refuse to buy new stuff for myself, promising myself a big shopping trip when I have got to goal weight - but not there yet LOL!

I just did a really stupid thing though - I bought a pair of shoes a size too big because they didn't have them in my size and I couldn't leave them in the store I loved them so much. now that really is dumb! I have put in innersoles etc nad am now thinking of cotton woll in the toes. the fact is they are too big!