How Many Days Should I Work out?

Options
I am not looking to lose too much more weight (maybe about 8lbs). I want to mainly tone and build (not bulky). Can someone please tell me what would be a good weekly routine to do? How often should I do cardio and how long each time? How often should I do strenght training or what ever it is I need to do? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    What do you currently do? You don't want to push too hard too fast.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I just do what ever and that is why it is not working.....lol. If my energy level calls for cardio, I do it (workout dvd's), no gym membership. I just started incorporating weights into my workout.
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    If you want to tone your legs and core you could try yoga. Squats lunges and such will help too. Maybe try Pilates. I'm kind of a newbie when it comes to working out, but I have a friend who go ripped doing just that. She also did Insanity and H.A.B.I.T. (hips,abs,butt, and incredible thighs) It worked for her. Something to look into. :) Good luck
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I dont know if its the best but I tend to workout 3x a week but when I do I workout HARD (1500 calories burned and such). On the rest of the 4 days, I might do some cardio but mainly they're my "chill tiger, you gotta go hard again soon!" days
  • pinkpandangel105
    pinkpandangel105 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I work out everyday, but my workouts are walking my Saint Bernard and German Sheppard once or twice a day. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but hey my legs are looking pretty great. Lol.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    depends what you can fit it, maybe aim to work up to 3 strength training days and 3/4 cardio days, you will find out what works for you