Not meeting calorie goals

Options
I'm eating healthier than I used to and I get fuller sooner than when I was constantly eating crap. But I'm under my calorie intake by at least 700 a day, yesterday it was 900. I know I need to get closer to my calorie goal but I feel like I can't possibly eat anymore. Does anyone know of a healthy calorie rich food that is low-carb and not a nut? I'm exercising and that just adds more calories to my net intake that I can't possibly eat. I'm a little frustrated that I'm not breaking 1000 calories even after eating 3 meals and a snack. Any advice?

Replies

• yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Cheese
    Yogurt (plain)
    Meat
    Tuna
    Eggs
  • sarahp840
    sarahp840 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks yesthistime, I love cheese and tuna! Well not when I combine them... LOL.
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    avocados, nuts/seeds, dark chocolate
  • gvnyc
    gvnyc Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    smoked salmon...or a glass of red wine
  • kcoftx
    kcoftx Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm frustrated too. I can meet my normal calorie requirements of 1420 but I struggle to meet my additional exercise calories. Then I got a fitbit and it is adding even more. I know I exercised a lot yesterday, more than I normally do in one day, but I can't possibly eat 3,000 calories!! I can't even eat the 2,000 I get sometimes. Plus I can't help but agree with another member that I need to get my exercise dates more stable so I can have an across the board amount instead of looking at it up and down each day. I can't do that during maintenance without having some sort of computer calculator making the decision for me.
  • wittlelacey
    wittlelacey Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter! I don't know if you classify that as a nut, since it's composed of nuts, but a peanut butter sandwich can satisfy anyone and it's pretty high in calories! What about crackers? You can find some healthy ones that will help increase your calories. Heck, go get subway! And you can't say no to frozen yogurt. Find ways to up your calories because it's important :)) Best of luck!
  • CaseRat
    CaseRat Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter, nuts, avocados. All high in calories due to their fat content; but don't stress! They're good fats in moderation.

Try sneak in a handful of almonds along with lunch, a spoonful (or 2, 3) of peanut butter along with breakfast, maybe on a bit of toast, and have a glass of milk along with dinner, too. Easy 500-600 calories right there :)
    Like yoghurt? Get some calorie dense stuff :)
  • puppycloud
    Options
    Yesterday I filled up my goal with a seckond serving of dinner, a garlic baguette and two glasses of wine. I have to get better at spreading the calories throughout the day.