New here :)

Options
Hi all,

My name is Andrea and im new here..still trying to get the hang of this site and understanding the pounds vs KG's that people have lost:laugh:
I need to lose 12 kg's to get to my goal weight! I started Gym last week and I am really enjoying it..I go 3-4 times a week..I just hope I can keep it up with Winter on the way!

All the posts say that more calarie intake is better then the 1200 this site has suggested?? any thoughts would be great :)

Replies

• rachellprice89
    rachellprice89 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    hi! im keeping to the calories this website suggested, its working for me...just takes a little while to get used to...feel free to add me!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    On the days you are exercising you are burning away calories. You need to eat into those calories to basically, "Fuel the Fire."
    Sounds crazy, but that's the way you start losing weight. Good luck and welcome aboard. MFP is a GREAT site with AMAZING people on it for support and suggestions.
  • Jgen62
    Jgen62 Posts: 66
    Options
    I am new as well and I am on 1200 calories. I walk or bike everyday weather permitting. I eat all my exercise calories that I earn. I was a junk food eater before so cutting out all that and replacing it with healthy food was key for me. I just need help on healthy recipes.
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hi, yea it is true at first MFP will suggest a lower amount of cals. but as you workout u will earn exercise calories. I try and eat mine as I hear that helps to lose weight faster actually it does..I have already lost 3lbs that way after being stuck on a month plateau. um, feel free to add me if u like. I like to help motivate and be motivated as well. and in my blog I post all my workouts I do at the gym and home.. GOOD LUCK!:)
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MPF :flowerforyou: .
    Everyone here tells that the one should eat the burned calories, for me I don't completely accept that, I believe if you got your 1200 minimum daily cals so as your remaining cals is more ( remaining means burned and not eaten ) you will lose more, may be that is not correct but that is what happen for me.
    1 Kg= 2.2 lbs :smile:
  • babareeba
    babareeba Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm chocacolic too, but we're already friends. I started last June with 10 kg surplus, but the last round seems to be the hardest (I came to MFP with last 5 kg and plateauing, I think). see you on the way to fit body!
  • chocaholic5
    Options
    looking forward to it babareeba!!