People are noticing!

Options
The second week in January I decided I needed a change. So, I joined MFP, altered my eating habits, and started working out 5 times a week. I've noticed some changes-shrinking sizes and such, but nothing major because I see myself every day. Last weekend, I hit the -20 lb. mark and was ecstatic. I'm a teacher and we came back from spring break today. First, while sitting in a meeting, a friend of mine asked me, "Are you shrinking? You look so much smaller!" Another coworker commented that she thought I cut my hair, and after talking pinpointed the fact that I've lost weight. My mom comments every week on how I'm losing weight, but I've been talking to her about it forever. It makes me feel so much more accomplished when people who didn't know I was trying to lose weight start to notice the slightly smaller me. I was really motivated and kicked my workout into high gear after work. 40 pounds to go...and 40 seems so much less daunting than 60 :bigsmile:

So, just thought I'd share my little victory for the day!

Replies

• rfechter
    rfechter Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    congratulations. It feels so good when someone notices.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I love that feeling when someone notices that you're losing weight. Good work!
  • csm1342
    csm1342 Posts: 21
    Options
    Keep it up! Great work.
  • melhayes1115
    melhayes1115 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing 20 so far! Keep it up!
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    That's great! 20 pounds is a pretty big achievement... go hard for the next 20 then the next and you'll be unstoppable!
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome for you! Congratulations! :bigsmile:
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Well done, and take the motivation. It will make the continuing journey so much more enjoyable.
  • sunshine45356
    sunshine45356 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats...that is so encouraging!:flowerforyou:
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    good job!!!!
  • NHBourque
    NHBourque Posts: 19
    Options
    I totally agree, it feels great, keep it up!
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    That's fab! You should be proud of yourself. Feel free to add me we have a similar number to lose :) x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!