Pole Dancing - Fitness

Options
2»

Replies

• shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Options
    I've been wanting to do this for a long time! I have only found one place by me and offers these classes and it is super expensive :(
  • kyrasmum
    kyrasmum Posts: 50
    Options
    I am getting my x-stage lite delivered today. Super exited! :happy:
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another pole dancer here, I've been doing it on and off for a few years and love it, it's the one fitness class that I keep going back to! I only go once a week but love learning new things and the strength it builds! I've just recently had a photo shoot done on the pole - pics are on my profile :)
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    as a class? pssh i do it as an occupation. only kidding.
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Although you say you were joking, I admit to having done it as an occupation aswell! :) I'm not ashamed haha!!
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options

Although you say you were joking, I admit to having done it as an occupation aswell! :) I'm not ashamed haha!!

you do what you gotta do...lol
  • branflake6
    branflake6 Posts: 115
    Options
    use an HRM and add it to the cardio section as pole dance class
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Anyone who is into Pole please do hit me up

Er.... HA!
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    I used an HRM when I did mine I loved it when I took the class but my gym stopped offering it ..... :grumble:
  • slrrese
    slrrese Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I take a pole class once a week and have for a couple of months now. I am not very coordinated and not very good but it is a great workout and I have a great teacher who is very patient with me. :-) The class is typically pretty small, anywhere from 2-5 people. I love it!
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE to try something like that!
  • kyrasmum
    kyrasmum Posts: 50
    Options
    I have got my x-stage lite brass and it's great. But I'm in lots of pain today, my arm muscles are aching. I used to be quite good at pole dancing years ago. Now I haven't done it in years and suddenly feel like a beginner again. I haven't got the strength in my body. Has anybody got any advice on how to build this up? Like maybe strength trainign dvd's specifically for pole dancers?
  • brooklynjade4
    brooklynjade4 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have got my x-stage lite brass and it's great. But I'm in lots of pain today, my arm muscles are aching. I used to be quite good at pole dancing years ago. Now I haven't done it in years and suddenly feel like a beginner again. I haven't got the strength in my body. Has anybody got any advice on how to build this up? Like maybe strength trainign dvd's specifically for pole dancers?

Yeah you will ache lots - it comes with loving the POLE however, strengthen up by doing press ups.. girly ones to begin with if you cant do a full extended one and build from there! there are exercises you can do on the pole to strengthen up too! i.e climbing to the top. dropping down (but not to the floor) and then climbing again... my current record is 20 and its a killer! ahaha! :)
  • Shawnjay75
    Shawnjay75 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you're in Maryland, we have a place called Xpose Fitness that's pole dancing & floor/chair classes! It's pretty affordable as well!

I'm also from Maryland and will take my first class this Saturday...I'm so excited! I found a deal on LivingSocial.com for 6 classes at Xpose Fitness for $22. but they offer the class for free every Saturday at 12pm for new ladies. They also have $5 classes on Fridays...I hope I like it because for that price I'd take more classes.