Male Fitness DVDs

Options
Does anyone know of any great male fitness DVDs?

Replies

• thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Zumba...just kidding.

P90x and Insanity are two of the top. I did P90x for a few weeks (hard for me to get motivated at home, so I stopped) and it was a great workout...Tony Horton isn't lying about sweating!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I like working out to men workouts. Well, workouts that's lead by men and have women in them as well. If it just had men and interest me, I would workout to it as well.

1. Tae Bo
    2. Supreme 90 Day
    3. ULTIMATE CONDITIONING VOL. 1: STRIKER FIGHTING WORKOUT with Scott Sonnon - Men only
    4. ULTIMATE CONDITIONING VOL. 2: GROUND FIGHTING WORKOUT with Scott Sonnon - Men only
    5. ULTIMATE CONDITIONING VOL. 3: KICKERS FIGHTING WORKOUT with Scott Sonnon - Men only
    6. Georges St. Pierre Rushfit: Strength & Endurance Workout. (I'm sure the whole program is good. I only have this one dvd)
    7. Men's Health: The Belly Off! Workout - The Body Weight Routine
    8. Men's Health: The Belly Off! Workout - The Strength Training Routine Starring
    9.Men's Health: 15 Minute Workout
    10. The Abs Diet Workout 2
  • kwitie
    kwitie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't be too quick to mock Zumba. Learning to dance and get fit can be very useful with the Ladies :wink:
    Ultimately if you are trying to get fit for a health purpose then ANY activity is suitable and the best bet is a mix of a large number of different activities involving cardio/strength/tone/elegance etc.
    If you are trying to get fit for certain activities the above still applies but with emphasis on relevant training.

I would tend to suggest that Stretch/Yoga/Pilates/Dance (ballet and modern) should have a place in all training regimes.
    It makes your movement more graceful, economical and better.

So getting back on topic, Insanity/P90X for cardiovascular, Steve Cotter/Pavel on kettle-bells for strength, Total Immersion Swimming by Terry Laughlin,
    Then you might want to get involved in Sports or classes.
    Look for a running club, cycle group or sport.
    Military fitness classes (In the UK we have BMF)

Generally the idea that Male fitness needs to involve huge muscularity and strength to the exclusion of everything else is, I think, wrong.