Second day of NROL4W and a few questions

Options
kag1526
kag1526 Posts: 210 Member
So on my second day I did better then my first. I think the exercises in workout B are less intimidating (mostly the step ups scare me as was discussed in my post about my last one)

So this time I did deadlifts, although I used a different barbell, the smaller crooked one, my gym only has one olympic barbell that isn't attached to a smith machine and that one is on the bench press bench, which a group of guys were using when I went in. I have no idea how much the bar weighed... I'm guessing 20-30 lbs but I'm bad at things like that. I did the empty bar for warm up sets and added 20 lbs for my real ones. Does anyone know how much these weigh?

Then I did the lat pulldowns and shoulder presses (55 lbs and 7.5 lb dumbbells) I pushed a bit on these.

I sucked at lunges did with 10 lb dumbbells and only managed to do 10. I think I have to do no weight on these and still probably wont do too well I have always had a hard time getting low on these.

The swiss ball crunches are easy. Did it with a 6 lb medicine ball in my hands and still found them easy. Will have to try the ones with my arms out next time.

At the end I was thinking I would be SOOO sore today since I was after my last one but I'm really not sore at all. a bit tight in a few places but not really in pain. The only difference is last time I didn't have a shake after my workout. Could that really make this much of a difference in how my muscles feel? If so even if I have to do something after the gym I'll make sure to grab one of the ready made ones or something...

Replies

• kag1526
    Options
    shameless bump.
  • BradNC
    BradNC Posts: 51
    Options
    Nice job! Likely what you're talking about is what is typically referred to as a curl bar (or EZ Curl bar). Olympic versions are around the 25lb mark.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Good job, I'm looking into NROL4W!
  • mendenhall428
    Options
    I thought Olympic barbells were 45 lbs?

Protein shakes can help your muscles recover, but muscle soreness isn't necessarily indicative of how well or how hard you worked out. Did you feel very challenged during your workout?
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    It sounds like you were using an ez curl bar. We have an standard* (it has Olympic collars on it) one at home and it weighs 15lbs. So 35lbs would be my guess for your deadlifts -which is great, btw! The barbells for the Smith machine and bench press at the gym are typically 45lbs. You are doing a great job! Keep it up! I've been lifting for a couple months and just started "Starting strength."

*Sorry, we have the standard ez curl bar which is 15lbs, our barbell is Olympic and is 45lbs. Try weighing the bar at your gym.
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Olympic barbell is 45 lbs. The standard EZ curl bar is around 10lbs. and the Olympic EZ curl bar is around 25lbs.And then there is a Super EZ curl bar-the curves are bigger-around 10lbs.
  • mendenhall428
    Options
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification deninevi!
  • deninevi
    deninevi Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    There is a group of ladies doing the NROLFW . Check it out! A lot of great info!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/119-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w-
  • kag1526
    Options
    Olympic barbell is 45 lbs. The standard EZ curl bar is around 10lbs. and the Olympic EZ curl bar is around 25lbs.And then there is a Super EZ curl bar-the curves are bigger-around 10lbs.

From this I'm going to guess it was 25 lbs. It was definitely more then 10 since it weighed more then one of the plates that I grabbed to put on it.

Thanks for the help!