Cinnamon Supplements

Options
I was wondering if anyone tired using cinnamon supplement in aiding with weight loss. I do know that cinnamon helps regulate blood sugars and if used with honey can help be a natural aid in reducing cholestrol.

Replies

• mamaolden
    mamaolden Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I dont know, but i am gunna start trying sprinkling cinnamon on my foods and may even get some cinnamon supplements to try. i have pcos and possible insulin resistance. i googled things about cinnamon and weightloss and it says it regulates blood sugar and helps with fat metabolizing. hope this helps.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon is really great for diabetics. My BF uses it, as he is struggling with keeping his blood sugar under control (Type 1 diabetes). It helps make you more sensitive to insulin. Rather than buying the supplement, sprinkle some into your foods and avoid high fructose corn syrup for similar results.
  • sstein21
    sstein21 Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks =)
    The dr's think I have PCOS bc I have all the symptoms however they feel that I do not need to be on an insulsin resistance drug based on my most recent blood work, so im trying to look for other alternatives becuse im just struggling to get this weight off.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you are insulin resistant look into taking chromium piccolinate and do get the cinnamon supplements.
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    I take cinnamon supplements everyday, and I feel like they really do help me with my weight loss. I do notice a difference when I do not take them for a while, which is why I continue to take them. Plus I figure what can it hurt to take them!
  • ARMom8251
    ARMom8251 Posts: 194
    Options
    I take cinnamon supplements everyday, and I feel like they really do help me with my weight loss. I do notice a difference when I do not take them for a while, which is why I continue to take them. Plus I figure what can it hurt to take them!

I also take L-Carnitine daily also. Cinnamon helps break down the sugars while the carnitine breaks down the fat...so I figure both of those together are doing pretty well for me!
  • ojell
    ojell Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes I have, but it gives me heartburn. Blah.
  • sstein21
    Options
    I take a multi-vitamin that has 120 mcg of chromium in it should i be taking more?
  • dgbiggz
    dgbiggz Posts: 25
    Options
    I have PCOS & have for years & years, but just found out about Cinn supplements on this website thanks to someone else w/PCOS. I got the supplements & noticed a difference in my insulin levels almost immediately...I also don't CRAVE sugary/sweet stuff which is my biggest downfall. It's only been a few days, but it appears to be doing its job for me.

good luck! :bigsmile:
  • sstein21
    Options
    How long did it take before you started to notice results usingthe cinnamon?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Just don't take your extra cinnamon like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I use it for "potential" blood sugar control and "possible" cholesterol aid. I'm not sold on it for either one.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I do a cinnamon, bee pollen, Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) concoction and have noticed quite a change in my weight and energy levels.

I use Saigon pure Cinnamon. Bragg's ACV, and organic bee pollen granules.

DO NOT use more than two tablespoon of cinnamon in a day. It will raise your blood pressure! I misread teaspoon for tablespoon a few times and boy did I feel crazy!
  • LeshyMarie
    Options
    This is very interesting!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Just don't take your extra cinnamon like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cyk7utV_D2I

Which led me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6BfPOnIlg&feature=related which made my morning (because I absolutely love that song but yeah, it definitely has some stalker vibe to it). Also, My Push up Bra will help me get my man. Now I know where I'm getting all my fashion, diet, and dating advice from. :laugh:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I have been taking the supplement for close to a year..... and I also regularly use cinnamon in my protein shakes and in greek yogurt! :)

SW 303.4 (1/1/11)
    CW 196.4 (down 107lbs)
    GW 160
  • mrdth6686
    mrdth6686 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    For those of you that take it, do you take it with meals? I have the capsules but I haven't tried it. PCOS here, too!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Which led me to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6BfPOnIlg&feature=related which made my morning (because I absolutely love that song but yeah, it definitely has some stalker vibe to it). Also, My Push up Bra will help me get my man. Now I know where I'm getting all my fashion, diet, and dating advice from. :laugh:

Isn't GloZell awesome!? LOL
  • sstein21
    Options
    Today is my 2nd day taking 1, 500mg cinnamon supplement. I took it with my breakfast when I took my other multi-vitamins.