I lost a bowling ball!

Options
dmdakd
dmdakd Posts: 17 Member
I told my wife this morning that I lost my bowling ball. She looked at me like I was crazy and I told her that I had lost 16 pounds, my bowling ball weighs 15 pounds. It's crazy to imagine that I lost a bowling ball.

Replies

• PeachKitty
    Options
    Congrats! <3 Just think, you've been carrying around a bowling ball all of this time!
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I like thinking of things like that but I'd never put a bowling ball into the mix. LOL Congrats!!
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    That's great! It's great motivation when you picture like that.
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I like that analogy! I have lost 15.2 so I say I have lost 3 bags of sugar :)

Edited to say CONGRATS!!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! Kudos to you!:bigsmile:
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Whoo Hoo! Kudos to you!:bigsmile: Mine is an 8 pounder, so I guess I lost (2) balls, a pair of shoes and maybe towel............lol!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I told my wife this morning that I lost my bowling ball. She looked at me like I was crazy and I told her that I had lost 16 pounds, my bowling ball weighs 15 pounds. It's crazy to imagine that I lost a bowling ball.

there's a post on mfp that equates what you've lost - i.e. 80 lbs small child etc...
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    That is terrific!!!

Congrats!

Keep pushing forward.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss!!

Hopefully it offsets the whole lost bowling ball thing. That's got to be a bummer. :(
  • AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    You have no balls!!! :laugh:
  • LSHANDREW
    LSHANDREW Posts: 39
    Options
    I tell my husband I've lost a toddler. My 15 month old is 24 pounds and I've lost 23. :)
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well done...16lbs is a brilliant achievement!

I find visualising my weightloss really helps, especially when I have a small loss in a week. Packs of butter weigh about 1/2 lbs so even the smallest loss can been seen. And butter is fat.

I've lost 29 lbs so far so that makes 58 packs of butter. I don't think I could carry around that many packs of butter even if I tried!
  • longbird
    longbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's a great way to think of it :-) Now what weighs 12lbs...?
  • mama2shi
    Options

A 2 month old baby!
  • longbird
    longbird Posts: 48 Member
    Options

A 2 month old baby!

True, but telling folk "I've lost a baby!" with a big grin on my face is going to get my some veeeery strange looks...

My vacuum cleaner weighs 5.5kg = 12lb so think I'll go for "I've lost a Dyson!"
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    HAHA - At Thanksgiving, my Uncle asked me how much I had lost - when I told him he said - that's the size of the turkey we are eating today. Needless to say - I enjoyed destrying that turkey :)
  • phillieschic
    Options
    That's so funny! I liken weight loss in pounds to ground beef by the pound. How gross is ground beef?...all fatty and pink. Ugh...and when you lose 90 pounds of it (like I did 7 years ago - and kept all but 15 of it off) that stuff really adds up! That's how I view fat anyway. It works for me in the grocery store...just looking at the packaged meat makes me not buy cookies. :)
  • usernamejoe
    usernamejoe Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • mama2shi
    Options

A 2 month old baby!

True, but telling folk "I've lost a baby!" with a big grin on my face is going to get my some veeeery strange looks...

My vacuum cleaner weighs 5.5kg = 12lb so think I'll go for "I've lost a Dyson!"

haha - that is very true! The Dyson sounds like a good plan. You can always use mine too which for you would be 2.5 bags of sugar or flour. It is amazing when you look at it in that sense. Congrats on losing the Dyson :)
  • mrsbarz
    mrsbarz Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    That's so funny! I liken weight loss in pounds to ground beef by the pound. How gross is ground beef?...all fatty and pink. Ugh...and when you lose 90 pounds of it (like I did 7 years ago - and kept all but 15 of it off) that stuff really adds up! That's how I view fat anyway. It works for me in the grocery store...just looking at the packaged meat makes me not buy cookies. :)

That's such a good idea! That would be a visual reminder every time I go shopping. Can't think of anything that would put me off buying junk as much as a raw meat!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!