Last time I drank loads of water for three days I hardly had

Options
is it because of that? Coz now I feel like I don't want to drink a lot of water just in case it was because of this or do you think I generally just hardly lost any weight that week?

Replies

• JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Your subject got cut off.....what happened when you drank a lot of water?
  • Lorie66
    Lorie66 Posts: 66
    Options
    :drinker: Water is only a benefit. Just keep it less than a gallon a day. I usually stay between 8-12 glasses a day.
  • jadejo63
    jadejo63 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Sorry! When I drank lots of water I hardly had a loss of weight, didn't know if it was because of the water or not.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I think you are trying to say you didn't lose weight even though you were drinking water??

...I find on the weeks that I drink a lot of water I lose more weight.

Drinking water is very important! I wouldn't stop doing that...

My nutritionist said that it takes a couple of weeks for your body to start really absorbing the water. Your body will adjust, and the benefits will be great. Water keeps you energized, boosts your metabolism by I think 3%, and it cushions all your joints/muscles so that it helps with your exercise and training.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    See when I first started drinking the "Recommended" amount of water, I felt extremely bloated and was peeing constantly, but after a week or two I got used to it, not bloated any more, or running to the toilet, it could be that you were retaining some because your body wasn't used to having so much, but I guess that would balance out?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Sorry! When I drank lots of water I hardly had a loss of weight, didn't know if it was because of the water or not.

Water does have weight to it, a pint and a half will make you gain about 1lb - obviously you aren't gaining fat and eventually it starts to flush through and not affect the scale because you are properly hydrated.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Give it time... I promise. I never used to drink water, and that led to having some kidney issues. I have actually had 16, yes, I said 16 - kidney stones in the last 3 years. When I was first diagnosed, they did a water/urine study on me and found I was not drinking NEARLY enough water. I remember when i first started drinking the water - i was going to the bathroom every 15 minutes. I gained 4 pounds in two days. After a few days, you are thirsty if you aren't drinking water all the time. You realize that your body needs it. It took me about 3 weeks for the (water) weight to go, but when it did, MAN! I lost 11 pounds over a two day period. You just gotta give your body time to learn how to process new things! Also - when you are first starting to drink water all the time, you really have to watch your sodium intake. Keep at it!!!
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I lose weight when I drink water. For instance, I know I was dehydrated after this weekend, so yesterday I drank 18 cups of water, super thirsty and many trips to the restroom! This morning I weighed myself and I was down 1.5lbs from the day before. I would say if you are retaining water it is because you had been dehydrated and your body is trying to compensate. Give it time.
  • Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 8 pounds in 8 days. I fill up my 32 ounce jug at least 3 times as work. Water flushes out all the sodium in your system. I think drinking a lot is highly beneficial. You will be going to the bathroom way more, but it's been helping me.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't stop drinking water! It is not the cause of you not losing weight. Zero calories.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hey Guys :smile:
    That's interesting..... I struggle to get enough water in, I have to make myself drink it,
    I do find that when I'm home I can put a jug in the fridge with lemon slices in it it then I make sure I drink the whole jug,
    I find harder when i'm out or at work.
    But reading your comments has inspired me to try to drink more. :drinker:
  • Grlnxtdr0721
    Grlnxtdr0721 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    As everyone else has said, give it time. Your body needs it and it just takes time for it to get used to it, and caught up if you haven't been drinking it like you should.
    I haven't ever been a good water drinker, until I started running in January. Now, if I don't drink it, I am so thirsty and nothing works except water. I can tell when I haven't had much to drink because as soon as I start running, my mouth gets dry. I keep a liter bottle of water with me all day and fill it up at least once. That way I know I am getting my recommended amount.
  • ngozi79
    ngozi79 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey I just thought of another bonus of drinking lots of water....

Lots of trips to the bathroom equals lots more walking around as a result! Maybe find one on the other side of the office building, or run up and down the stairs twice before you go at home!!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    About the only time I drink non-flavored water is right after a workout. Otherwise I add powder Propel to it and then I can't stop drinking it.
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Also - just a little hint to help you keep drinking the water... Everytime you have to go to the bathroom, finish what you have in your glass/ water bottle first. My urologist told me to do this - and it works great - especially if you have trouble choking down the water. I keep a gallon jug of water on my desk at work. I fill it up in the morning - drink a glass first thing, then fill it back up. I sip on it as needed, but if I have to go to the bathroom - I chug the whole thing. Pee and repeat. :)

Works like a charm!