very FILLING & very QUICK

Options
Need some very filling, very portable, very easy & quick to eat snacks for work. I am already a fan of almonds but need some other ideas!!! :)

IDEAS?!??!:happy: :happy:

Replies

• futuremrsjonstafford
    futuremrsjonstafford Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    south beach diet bars actually taste good, not like most other bars that taste like the wrappers they come in! also, clementines (oranges) are a very quick and easy to peel snack. I also like musselmans applesauce (individuals)
  • mrsbrittnee
    Options
    the FIBERone bars are very good. my favorite is the oats and chocolate. they are good, quick and only 140 calories.
  • CubLub63
    CubLub63 Posts: 12
    Options
    Bananas are easy to carry around and usually fill me up. Blueberries and grapes are also super easy to carry around, like in a ziplock baggy and they fill me up pretty good... at least to carry me over to the next meal.
  • SusieSonshine
    SusieSonshine Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    How about fruits, and veggies such as apples, peaches, plums, cut up melon, and cut up veggies? And I like to add extra fiber to my cut-up fruits with flax seed meal. If you bring some small cups of lowfat yogurt (I like Trader Joe's Vanilla) and add some blueberries and flax seed meal---yum!!! Also, if you have a Trader Joe's nearby, they have freeze-dried strawberries, blueberries, and other fruits. How about a small salad already cut up and put in an air-tight container? Nuts are good, but a portion is only 1/4 cup. For me, that isn't very filling. How about a small can of tuna with pop-top lids? If you eat cheese, mozzarella sticks?

This is my fave salad:

Chopped Romaine lettuce (as much as you want)
    Chopped scallion
    Half tbsp of Flax Oil
    Juice of half lemon
    Garlic (powder or diced fresh) to taste
    Dash Cayenne Pepper
    Pinch of sea salt
    Half of baked/broiled/bbq'd boneless/skinless chicken breast
    Toss together
    Tbsp Flax Seed Meal sprinkled over the top

(195 calories)

I can't adequately describe how satisfying this salad is to me!! Yum!!!!
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Lately, I've been taking a banana or a whole wheat english muffin with cashew butter to work. Quick and easy...:happy:

exercise.png