How to I shrink belly fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can not target fat in a specific part of your body. All you can do is reduce your overall body fat

This is true. But, while you can't choose where your body chooses to lose fat first, you can tone your core muscles to improve your posture and make the tummy look smoother. Zumba is great for this, as is walking or running. Squats are also good.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    You can not target fat in a specific part of your body. All you can do is reduce your overall body fat

This is true. But, while you can't choose where your body chooses to lose fat first, you can tone your core muscles to improve your posture and make the tummy look smoother. Zumba is great for this, as is walking or running. Squats are also good.

Tone your core?
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    For most people strengthening their core will actually make them look thicker......Until they cut the fat...they really won't see the results they are looking for.

• JessDorian
    Options
    Its a hard area for women to lose fat, intact the hardest. There's not much you can do, iv found jogging has helped to flatten a little but iv lost most weight in my legs and hips from it. Cut the sugar keep up the cardio! Lots of water too I finds helps gloating but thats me. Keep it up
  • BriEnos
    BriEnos Posts: 1
    Options
    Stay away from soda! that stuff is evil
  • brulaaaa
    brulaaaa Posts: 5
    Options

Agreed. You def. can't target specific fat. You can however work to build your ab muscles thus hopefully reducing the appearance of the belly fat. Good luck.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    your body shape is usually genetic and you cant target where you will lose fat
    ( read Dr Rensburgs book a medical guide to weight loss, polar bears and Humming birds)
    http://www.medicalweightlossrx.com/