I can't do this by myself

Options
I've been a board reader and been logging my cals but I'm starting to feel despondant. I look at the wonderful losses on the bottom of messages and can't imagine it being me. I did 30DS for 4 days then my little girl got poorly so was permantenly attached to me so that stopped. I can't seem to organise myself to even start cooking and I know I need to but at 8pm I really can't be bothered.
SO I'm back to the old me. the initial excitment of changing my life has gone and the usual negative me has resurfaced. I guess if you're always told you can't do something or you've not done well then you just assume failure will be easier than success.

Anyway I just wanted to put something down as I know I am letting myself down and more importantly my kids down but the task feels too big to even attempt

If you're not completely depressed now please can you add me so I can stop feeling so overwhelmed and alone
thanksx

Replies

• tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    sending some motivation from oxford

:flowerforyou:
  • barbiedollgirl
    barbiedollgirl Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    You got this!! Keep your head up! Anything worth fighting for is worth having/doing! I feel the same way alot but got to keep on doing this. For yourself and for your kids! That is my two main reasons. And also to have a better relationship with my husband!! Put a smile on your face and say you can do over and over till you know you can!! :)
  • Sassywolf
    Sassywolf Posts: 12
    Options
    I am sending you hope and motivation from MO.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Hey Chum!
    I will be a great Canadian buddy!
  • megs2003
    megs2003 Posts: 90
    Options
    sending a friend request... this site has really provided me a lot of motivation in the last month and I would love to pass that along. It's possible and you can do it...
  • jorowling
    jorowling Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You can do this....we are here for you too. Sending a friend request from downunder.
  • Anastazia36
    Anastazia36 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel almost the same way, but we have to keep trying!!!
    Doesn't matter if it goes slowly.
    For me the problem is exercising. I don't have time for workout. Now that the day becomes bigger I will try to do at least 30 mins on my treadmill. May be is not enough but this is the best I can do for now.

Don't give up!!!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    You can do this.

Envision your end result. Make small changes if the big ones won't work right now. Have patience. Forgive yourself. Celebrate your successes--big or small.

And build (and rely on) a support network. My friends here on MFP are vital to my continuing with this lifestyle change.

Friend me if you want. Even if you don't, go forward knowing that there are thousands of us out here who are on your side and cheering silently for you to succeed.

Coni
  • christyd4
    christyd4 Posts: 191
    Options
    Sending motivation from the US! I sent you a friend request and feel free to send me an inbox message if you need to talk!
  • delmc1
    delmc1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    been there ,between shift work and young kids found it very had to organise food ,gym, time with kids and sleep
    food wise i started to do a lot of one pot meals ,e.g currys ,stews and cassaroles and chilli , any left overs get froze for another day.

keep the head up ,feel free to add me