a very small nsv, but means the world to me.

Options
I'm not sure how to explain it but I have been doing the gym thing since March 1. My mom was amazing and paid for a years worth of personal training for me. I met with Jacob once a week and the next day I'm always sore. I go to the gym three other times a week to do some more strength training. Normally after my lower body days I'm sore, but rarely on.days I do upper body work, and never in my arms.....

Until this morning. I usually wimp out on upper body exercise, doing the bare minimum with lewd weight than I should be doing. But I decided to add ten pounds to the machines going from 20 to 30lbs in most cases. and switch to 10 pound free weights, did every single set I was supposed to, in addition to 45 minutes of cardio. I know it didn't seem like much.but I'm am happier than a pig in the mud right now.

On an semi-related note I officially have a gym crush on this woman I saw at the gym. She was a little bigger than me but she was killing the weights. I remember thinking I want to be like her when I grow up.

Replies

• Tulipgirl1223
    Tulipgirl1223 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You go girl!!!
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Good for you, thats all the matters is how you feel!
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Thank you!
  • ellycope
    ellycope Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    This site so needs a like button! Love this!
  • EmmaLouiseClayCHANGEDjk
    Options
    Well done, you did amazing.
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    great job!
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB. A very smart person on MFP once told me that NO NSV is small because as long as it is important to you - that's all that matters. You work hard, don't downplay your success :)
  • Reasie26
    Reasie26 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Reminds me of a new favorite quote - "Always question your limitations!" You did and now you know what you're capable of!!! You'll have other's drooling over your heavy lifting in no time!! Maybe already!!

Keep it up!! Great job!!
  • deeray
    deeray Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great job! Be proud of your success, doesnt matter if it's "small" or big. I do a happy dance (in my head) lol, everytime I see myself improving. :)
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB. A very smart person on MFP once told me that NO NSV is small because as long as it is important to you - that's all that matters. You work hard, don't downplay your success :)

This!! I never seem to have soreness in my upper body either after lifting...Only in my legs...Weird huh? Maybe I am not lifting enough either...I may have to go heavier...Us women are a lot stronger than we think sometimes...I truly believe that!! Thanks for sharing... :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jweb8969
    Jweb8969 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    way to go!! :) and i agree - if you're listening, MFP, please add either a "LIKE" button or a big "THUMBS UP!!" button!! :) keep up the great work!!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I agree no NSV is small. The other day I got so happy because I went grocery shopping and could lift the super big bag of dog food up to the counter held it for the guy to scan and put it back down without breaking a sweat or feeling like it was hard! Made my day too!

It's the small things girl! So glad that made your day.
  • KFuerst27
    KFuerst27 Posts: 43
    Options
    That is great! Celebrating our NSVs is so important!
  • xTenaciousJx
    Options
    awesome!! keep up the great work!
  • PaveGurl
    PaveGurl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    woot!

That's awesome - I LOVE it when I challenge myself like that!
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I agree no NSV is small. The other day I got so happy because I went grocery shopping and could lift the super big bag of dog food up to the counter held it for the guy to scan and put it back down without breaking a sweat or feeling like it was hard! Made my day too!

It's the small things girl! So glad that made your day.

^^THIS. Seeing this NSV put a smile on my face. Great work!! Your hard work and persistence is paying off. YES!
  • Temple_Fit
    Temple_Fit Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    This site so needs a like button! Love this!

I agree! It's nice to know that I am not the only one who has a gym crush. I go both ways, lol! I LOVE MUSCLES!
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    This is NO small NSV!! You have broken free from your own MIND and pushed yourself past your own limits. That's no small thing for any of us. I'm proud of you! Oh, and you crack me up. I say "when I grow up" about two or three times a week still. Keep up the great work girl.
  • kidakiwi04
    kidakiwi04 Posts: 238
    Options
    Awe thank you all so much. I am pretty proud of myself. I do feel pretty awesome!!!
  • krissy_lowe
    krissy_lowe Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!