Kettlebell workout not in database?

Options
Hello,
I am wondering if anyone knows how to add a kettlebell workout under my daily exercizes? It''s really the only thing I do and I'd like to see how many calories it's burning, but it's not listed in MyFitnessPal's database. Any advice?
Thanks!

Replies

• bchthrpy
    bchthrpy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I too do kettlebell's and don't know how to add it in for my exercise. Did you ever find out how to add it?

Thanks
  • JoMFrasca
    JoMFrasca Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Spark people has it in their database. I used their calculator. It is a huge calorie burner. Next time I will wear an HRM to be more accurate.
  • shaydon80
    shaydon80 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of Kettlebell DVDs and I was surprised when I got my new HRM that I wasn't burning as many calories as I had thought. I am 5'5" and 150lbs and according to my Polar FT4 I only burned 200 calories for 30 minutes of Brook Benten's Kettlebody by Brooke: KettleBell Cardio and 100 calories for 20 minutes of KB Strength from the same DVD series. I was a bit disappointed, honestly.
  • aagnew01
    aagnew01 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Try www.fatburn.com....might be able to come up with something there.....look under free tools, Burning Calories while Exercising Tool. Good Luck!
  • karenmi
    karenmi Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    After 40 minutes of cardio (walking on the treadmill at an 8-9% incline) I alternate a kettlebell workout with another strength-training routine and always wear a HRM when I work out.

I burn about 200 calories for a my 20 minute kettlebell workout. I am a 47 yr-old woman, 5'3", 152 lbs. I use 10 lb, 15 lb & 20 lb Kbells during my workout.

I figure 200 calories for 20 minutes work isn't too bad. I usually burn around 275 calories during the cardio portion, so I think 475 calories a workout is pretty good. Any more than that and I am too tired to do anything else, and I have to go to work and have a life!