bad skin

Options
why is it whenever i am heavier my skin is always bad as well?...I just dont get it because I am a very clean person...I care about good personal hygene :laugh: but my skin seems like its in horrible condition....but when i lose weight not only do i see my body change when i look in the mirror, but i can see the difference with my skin....anyone else notice that?

Replies

• vanessa915
    vanessa915 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    What you're eating and how much water you consume make a huge impact on your skin. If you're eating well, lots of fruits and vegetables, and if you're getting enough of the 'good' fats from things like salmon, then your skin is going to be much, much better looking and healthier than if you're living on junk food. I've noticed the same thing for myself as well. The better I eat, the better my skin looks.

Vanessa
  • countindowntothin
    countindowntothin Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My skin has improved TONS since I changed my lifestyle! I have been drinking lots and lots of water which has cured my dry skin and under eye circles completely! Also i have always had problems of breaking out really bad the week before my TOM, which would be this week for me, and I don't have the first pimple,zit, or blemish popping up at all! I know its got to be from the exercize and eating right....that is a reason to change habits if nothing else!
  • weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    I agree that the better you eat the better your skin looks, but only to a certain point. Some acne problems are hereditary. I went to see a dermatologist for my skin because I was so concerned about it. We talked about all possibilities, but really what was causing my acne problems was bateria under the skin. It doesn't mean that I am not a clean person or that I didn't wash my face enough, some people are just more suseptible. I have to take a low-dose antibiotic twice a day, wash my face with a prescription face wash, use an acne cream called Tazorac (which is crazy expensive and Dr. gives me samples to help out) , and go bi-weekly for glycologic acid peels. All of this has really helped my skin immensely and has taken care of alot of the scaring. I do notice that the more cardio I do and the more sweaty I get, my acne will flare up. Sometimes just from the humidity, stickiness, and heat or summer it will send my face into a tizzy.