Runners?

Options

Replies

• BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I've had a love/hate relationship with running for 15 years, always great to meet new runners! :flowerforyou:
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me! I'm training for a half marathon on May 6th. My longest run to train so far was 7 miles (this past Sunday). I'd love to be able to share / learn some tips! :)

Lauren - are you in Nj area? Im running my first half marathon that day as well in Long Branch. Im doing my 2nd 7 mile this week. I'm going to add you!
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. Started running about 1.5 years ago and am training for my first 10K. I've also boosted my steignth for running with cross training which has been a lot of fun.
  • jaclyndanette
    Options
    Hi Diana,
    Feel free to add me as well. I've been running off and on for years, but have been doing 5K-10K for the past few years. I'm training for my first half marathon in May and am also trying to juggle healthy foods and running!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I still consider myself a bit of a newbie runner, started with C25K about 18 months ago. Feel free to add me!
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any tips on quad strengthening? Gravity is hitting the front of my thighs all of a sudden and its enough to make me cry.

All I can suggest is google quad stretches and do them allllllllllllllllll before and after running along with low lunges 2-3 days a week on non running days. I have a bruise on my right thigh from a run a few weeks ago but nothing new since doing that. I still think it's weird that my legs end up all bruised from running sometimes lol. I mean, I understand it now that I looked into it but it's something that I never thought about happening before.

I want to add something just for the sake of the thread though.

I LOVE running. It's more than exercise to me most of the time. It's calming and meditative. I can't think about anything else in the world besides running when I'm out there. If I'm having a bad day: Go for a run. Tired? Go for a run. People are annoying: Go for a run. Bored? Go for a run. lol
  • Dragonfly1996
    Dragonfly1996 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi I am currently training for my first marathon in April & have also spent time looking into the nutrition side for stronger & more efficient running!!! Feel free to add me - always nice to talk to other runners!! :flowerforyou:
  • maieranne77
    maieranne77 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. Training for my 1st 10K this summer sometime and using Nike+. Love that!
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    Add me as well! I love running! Hated it in high school and picked it up after our 3rd child was born. Just had my 4th baby almost 6 months ago and I am currently training for my first 10k in May!!!

Good luck!
  • artemisnyc
    Options
    Awesome :) added you!
  • badbuttmotherrunner
    Options
    Please add me. Training for my 1st marathon in June. Have to get better about eating the right foods, not just foods that are calorie appropriate!
    Thanks!
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hi I am training for this years Tough Mudder/ Cross Fit challenges. I just got the nike fuelband so I love the nike+ app! Feel free to add me, good luck and have fun!
  • OLFATUG
    OLFATUG Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Any runners out there feel free to add me too. I run an average of 30-35 miles per week and am in constant preparation for my next Half Marathon.
  • mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I started c25k in beginning of march. I have never been a runner and I'm actually enjoying it. Middle of week 3 right now.
  • janeosu
    janeosu Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've been getting back into running too and would love for any of you to add me too!
  • jbrinda1
    jbrinda1 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Started out a casual runner many years ago and now running a couple marathons a year, have done Boston several times, NYC, and others, off road marathons too. Tough Mudder coming up. Never get tired of running talk. Anyone like minded can friend me.
  • blittle2
    blittle2 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Looking for running friends, you can add me too. I've run 5k, 10k, half and full marathons
  • Bearz
    Bearz Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm still at the calorie counting stage, I've only just actively started using Myfitnesspal again after originally joining over 2 years ago.
    I try to run at least a couple of times a week, at the moment running 12.1 km on the treadmill for about 45 mins, then I mix it up with weights, and hopefully a bit of 5-a-side football (first game last week), which is an hour a week. One thing I have noticed on here is that strength training apparently doesn't burn any calories, when I know for a fact it does, and I feel hungrier afterwards, because my muscles are crying out for calories.
    Anyways good luck :-) I'm going to look into running with the Nike thingy, I've seen it on my ipod, but haven't used it yet :-)
  • coopersmom2006
    Options
    I'm new here and would love a few friends to keep me motivated. I just ran my first 10k this past Saturday and finished 9th in my gender/age group. Not too terrible for a beginner runner. :) I'm hoping to start training for my first 1/2 marathon in August. :glasses: I'm also going to run a 5K next month.
  • BenBz
    BenBz Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! I started dabbling in running April 2011 and since then I've become ADDICTED! I did 10 5K's last summer, a 10K and am now 7 weeks from my first 1/2 marathon! I've been averaging around 55 miles per month.

The great part, is because of running and a better diet, I've shed 53 pounds! Good times, right?

Always looking for new pals, anyone feel free to add me!

BB