How long has it taken you?

Options
Hi

I started my fitness pal back in March 2011 and managed to lose 40lbs. I got stuck in a major rut & gave up & closed my account. I have reopened a new account today as I have managed to gain 10lbs back.

I know everyone is different on how much they lose & when but I would just like to see how long itas take people to gt to their goals.

I am currently at 180lbs, 5ft 4 and at present I am looking to get to between 126-133lbs. I am back on to 1200 - 1300 calories per day plus excercise when I can

Any stories would be greatly receieved

Many Thanks

Replies

• andy_gilfrin
    Options
    It's taken me 9 months to lose a little over 110lbs

It was very easy at the start, then it became more difficult, now it's easy again.

I have about 30 lbs give or take a few to go.

Male 6' 3", 350lbs at start now 237lbs.
  • abh120598
    Options
    I only started in January and have already lost 14.8 pounds and am thrilled with the results so far.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 months to lose 20 lbs. by adding exercise only to my diet. I already ate a healthy diet, just more than I needed with a desk job and no regular exercise. 20 lbs was my goal. After that I slowly took off another 7 by sticking to the exercise and diet. I've been maintaining now for about 3-4 months, except for a gain between Thanksgiving and Christmas that was lost again in Jan.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    13 months to lose 67 lbs. :0)
    I eat about 1500-1600 per day and exercise most days. GL!
  • 4monks
    4monks Posts: 14
    Options
    It took me 2 years to lose 30 pounds. It was slow and steady, and I did not gain any of it back, not even one pound. I kept telling myself I was not in a hurry, because I wanted to make a real (not short term) change for the rest of my life. THEN I lost 10 more pounds in the last 4 weeks because I pushed harder but I got burned out counting calories, and got tired of feeling hungry all the time and I gained back the last 10. I have been at that weight (about 140) for the last two years. I finally decided it was time to lose the last 10 or 15 the same way I lost the first 30 and if it takes me two years, fine. That is 10 or 15 pounds I will never see again.

Goal weight 125. I am 5'7" and 43 years old.
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It took me close to a year to lose 27-30 pounds
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    It's taken me slightly more than 90 days to lose 25 lbs, and I just broke a 3 week plateau. I didn't last on 1200 cals, I typically eat 1450-1500 and sometimes maintenance. I lift heavy 3 times a week, elliptical once a week and walk the dog for about 3-5k daily.

For reference I'm 5'4"
    Starting weight: 163
    Current weight: 138.4
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It took me 6 months to lose 36lbs.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    4 years until I was happy with what I saw in the mirror.

I could have cut that time in half if I knew what I was doing in the beginning.
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i have lost 16lbs since feb2nd.. i am so happy i found MFP and the courage to make a change :)
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I started a year and a half ago.
  • kelleyke
    kelleyke Posts: 20
    Options
    It's taken me about 6 months to lose 80 lbs. I had pretty much no clue what I was doing at first but I gave up soda and started doing some light strength training, cardio and walking. The weight started falling off at that point. Since then I've drastically picked up my exercise (just starting my second round of P90x) and cleaned up my nutrition a lot, though it's still not amazing.

The weight loss has slowed down but thankfully my numbers have been somewhat consistent with only minor water gains from day to day and no real plateaus yet. I'm about 20 lbs from my goal and hoping to hit it sometime this summer.

Starting Weight ~250 lbs
    Current Weight 177 lbs
    Goal Weight 145 lbs
    I could have cut that time in half if I knew what I was doing in the beginning.

Great point, the most important thing I've learned on this site is just how little I knew before I got here.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    roughly a year and a half
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this only about 3 weeks in but hoping I'll get there in a year or two =)...

Having some friends on here that have done so well gives me hope
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I think I joined up last July and I am down 32 lbs. I took a couple of months off though around holidays, never stopped logging in.
  • steffiejoe
    steffiejoe Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    It took me right at 6 months to reach my goal weight of 135.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Taking my time since mid December...Down 33 :)
  • liatski
    liatski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It took me 9 months to lose 12 lbs.
    Height: 5'7"
    SW:143
    CW: 131ish
    GW: range of 126-130 (room to fluctuate up to 130).
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I've been working on losing weight consistently since the end of December. I'm just shy of 12 pounds down in that time. I'm also 5'4" and my goal is 135.
  • lmoreno6413
    Options
    2 and a half months and down 17lbs. I have about 20 lbs to go!!! ...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!