I hit a wall...

Options
I am 5'6'' 1/2 feet, started at 152 in January and now 138. I want to be down to 130. I eat 1400 cals a day. I do cardio and eat back half my cals but have been sitting at this weight for 2 weeks. How do I jump start my weight loss again?

Replies

• katyconser
    katyconser Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump...

i'm curious about this too! i haven't tried any real changes yet, nor have i truly confirmed my plateau with multiple weigh-ins, but i feel like i've been sitting around 137 for a while (down from 147, heading toward 130).

i hope we get some good info!! :smooched:
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump

Me three:)

I am just hanging out at the same weight for the past two weeks. What is up with that???
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can try by upping your calories you eat back to 75%. As your body approaches it's goal, you need to have less of a deficit. Also, cut your goal to 1/2 lb per week.

The best thing would be to cut some of the cardio and pickup weights. Body weight won't so much give you that body you want, as compared to cutting body fat. See below example.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat&page=2#posts-5441852

Here is what you should aim for based on your goals.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I have set it to .5 a week but manually changed my calories a little. I need to start lifting but I can only work out at home and I dont have weights.