Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Since January I've lost 14 lbs on my second go around here
  • Faintgreeneyes
    Faintgreeneyes Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I took me 3 months to lose 15 lbs, and am actively trying to lose the last 5 lbs- which is now in month 3.

I am 5'7 SW was 155 CW 136-138 GW 135
  • lauraemthomson
    lauraemthomson Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    welcome back

13 months in total... but had several breaks for vaction, parties etc not to forget the weekly chinese takeaway ;o)
    30lbs to go but things are getting harder. i might just have to give up that weekly takeaway lol cant wait just to hit the 100lb mark.

3932259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jjostafford
    Options
    So far I have lost 66lbs. I started 9 months ago. I went a few months without losing more than a pound. It ca be a real let down but I strongly encourage you to continue. It takes time and a ton of patients. They always say the slower you lose the better so you body gets used to the weight loss gradually. You are more likely to keep it off this way. I know a huge problem for me is cravings for soda. I started drinking H2o carbonated water and that has pretty much fulfilled my soda needs. It also helps to drink some before or after a meal ( for some reason it makes you very full) Also in the last 2 months I have adds excersise into my routine and the weight has been falling off. In turn I also have much more energy and feel much better about myself. Do Not deprive yourself of anything! If you want ice cream eat a kids cone or wanting fast food just order a cheese burger. Burger kings whopper jr is only 260 calories when ordered without mayo. It's delicious and fills me up. One last thing, you have to make a change for a lifetime, commit to yourself and your health. You will feel so much better in the long run! Keep going :)
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I lost 5 from jan to feb, because I wasn't serious. Since getting on MFP and tracking what I eat, I have lost 11 in a month! (from mid feb till now). I am now. 5"8 and 169.
  • dlyeates
    dlyeates Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I have been on here consistently for just over 7 months. As of a month ago (so 6 months in) I lost 32 lbs. I gave up my scale for lent so I'm not sure where I am now but clothes are smaller and fitting me better than they did when I lost weight after my son/before my daughter.

Now the thing is....in those first 6 months I had 2 months and 3 weeks of plateaus!!! That was nuts. I've done a lot of research and learned so much on here about BMR and TDEE that I know I should be around 1500 calories a day plus eating my exercise calories. Since I don't have my scale that worries me but I'm up to around 1400 calories so I'm slowly raising it up.

I did C25K starting in January and now most of my cardio is running a 5K on the treadmill. I plan to start strength training in April after the personal trainer at my gym comes back from vacay.

Height: 5'4"
    SW: 197
    Last recorded weight: 165ish (a little under but I don't remember what it was)
    Goal weight: 145 (may revise this)
  • coolauntiekelly
    Options
    When I first started losing weight about 6 years ago, it took a year to lose 80 lbs. Unfortunately, I gained about 20 lbs back in the past two years due to illness. Am working my way back.
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    i am so happy i found MFP and the courage to make a change :)

I have been on here for 72 days and have lost 17 pounds.
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    I've been on my journey and on MFP since March 2. Today is day 19 and I've lost 8 pounds.

SW: 318.5
    CW: 311.5
    First GW:250
    2nd GW: 200
    FINAL GOAL: 180

I am 5'11
  • Jessica_Henry74
    Options
    I've been on my journey and on MFP since March 2. Today is day 19 and I've lost 8 pounds.

Sorry, I've lost 7 pounds. :)
  • sunflower1984
    Options
    Thank you everyone who has commented so far, it is comforting to know that i'm not the only one who hasnt dropped the weight quickly & that it is taking time if I can be at my goal weigh by my 30th birthday (2 years) I will be very happy

Thanks again :happy:
  • vallemic
    vallemic Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It has taken me 6 months to lose 35 lbs... so I guess that's 5 lbs/month or a little more that 1 lb/week. :):smile:
  • santamommy
    Options
    I've lost 28 pounds in 16 weeks. I know I could have done more because I fell off the wagon several times with holidays, birthdays etc. I still have 100 to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!