Kinda new here, stupid question to ask....

Options
Ok, so I've been on here for a couple months now, and have lost 18 lbs thus far. I seem to have hit a plateau, no matter how good I am, so a friend recommended that I amp things up a bit. My endurance is getting better, so I figured the best thing for me to do is to start an at home workout, with situps, pushups, jumping jacks etc.... My goal is to work up to a 5K, which I realize may be a year or so in the future, but I would eventually like to do that. Before I do though, my problem is this, and it's rather embarassing: I am a rather large chested girl, and tend to have issues with pain when I jog or jump up and down. Is there anyone with any suggestions as to what I can do to prevent this? I wanted to wrap them with an ace bandage!!! My husband said that would not be a good idea, though. If anyone can come up with some suggestions, I would appreciate it!! Thanks!!

Replies

• helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    As a DD girl myself - the only thing I've been able to do to help keep them from bopping me in the chin as I go up and down the stairs or do jumping jacks etc is to triple sports bra them. I know 3 sounds like alot but it's the only thing that has held them down for me. (2 wasnt enough support)
  • kace406
    kace406 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is to try to find a place near you where you can get professionally fitted for a sports bra. It can be pricy, but once I was actually fitted (34FF, yikes), I was able to exercise so much more comfortably and take up a run/walk program. It's hard to exercise when you know you'll be in pain in that area. The bra I ended up in (Freya Active) has lasted a long time, as I hand wash them and hang them to dry, so it may be an investment to start, but you'll be glad you did in the end.
  • helpmelose2011
    helpmelose2011 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think the best thing to do is to try to find a place near you where you can get professionally fitted for a sports bra. It can be pricy, but once I was actually fitted (34FF, yikes), I was able to exercise so much more comfortably and take up a run/walk program. It's hard to exercise when you know you'll be in pain in that area. The bra I ended up in (Freya Active) has lasted a long time, as I hand wash them and hang them to dry, so it may be an investment to start, but you'll be glad you did in the end.

I've never heard of a place that fits you for sports bras! Thats something I might have to look into!!!
  • mtnbluezgirl
    mtnbluezgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with and highly recommend a professional bra fitting!! It made all the difference in the world for me as I was wearing a bra two sizes too small!! Do not get cheap bras if you are large chested. I spend $50-60 per bra to get something that flatters and supports me properly. AND....even then, large breast and jumping/hopping just don't always go together! Wacoal's Bodysuede Underwire Bra is my go to for everything best ever bra. I also have a Enell Sports Bra that I purchased after seeing a recommendation from Oprah and while it is super supportive and keeps me from bouncing with the rest of my body, it is so uncomfortable that I don't wear it on a regular basis.....Only for classes where I know I will be moving a lot. If you want to totally control your "movement", Enell is the way to go and they are not a cheap date but again....the good bras are not the cheap bras!

Hope that helps!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I am not that huge but my breasts are "heavy" for their size (D cup). I recently bought a Moving Comfort Women's Maia Bra from Amazon based solely on the reviews, which were mostly from very large chested women. I love it. It kind of feels like an ace bandage, but it keeps the girls from moving when I run or do Zumba.