NSV! Weightloss is contagious!

Options
My whole family has had to make some adjustments as I try to manage my CI. I do most of the cooking and I don't make special meals for the kids, they eat what I eat. I am extremely concerned about their health because as each of them starts to reach their teens they were putting on weigh.

I don't restrict their diets at school or when they go to their dads but my daughter went to her dads for spring break and she had to go grocery shopping with him and she had him get almond milk, salad, kens lite Italian dressing, all natural peanutbutter, mio and whole grain sandwich thins, because "it's better than the junk he eats" LOL. She's 9! I'm glad she's paying attention! She also told him he would have to do her 15 minute workout with her on mon, wed and Friday cause she didn't want to get to out of shape and not be able to keep up when she got home.

Then there is my boys! They are totally on board with helping me get healthy.
My 16 year old is 6' and weighed 226 and is down to 220. He works out with me 3 days a week, he's having the most trouble watching his junk food since he has his own money but I'm still so proud.

My 13 year old is 6' and weighed 206 and is down to 197, and has lost 12 inches. He works out with me 3 days a week and set a goal for himself to ride his bike weather permitting for 1 hour each day and he has even started getting the salad bar at school instead of burgers or pizza but treats himself to pizza on Friday and he doesn't drink anything but water now, he said if I can give up soda he can too.

I LOVE MY KIDS!

Replies

• Narisong
    Narisong Posts: 191
    Options
    This is so awesome. What a great role model you are for your kids and in turn I bet your kids will be great role models for their friends. Great job of losing and bringing your kids up with the right way to eat so that they don't have to turn out like we did :-)
  • dcollins1014
    Options
    That is super awesome!! Doing it together as a whole family, not only is great focus for one another but doesn't make it feel like a chore!! GREAT JOB!
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    That is amazing :) I'm hoping that some of what I'm doing will rub off on my family too.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I just hope it lasts in them! I don't want them to go through the things I have.
  • Angelbinick21
    Angelbinick21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You have some tall boys! They are going to be lady-killers :love:
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    So great! My hubby is 6'1" and was 207. He was 197 last week. Lost ten pounds without even trying. Love that it's contagious. You must be super proud of your little girl!
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring, to have your children learn from you, I think some parents dont understand that, alot of them are
    "Do as I say, Not as I Do". You have to lead by example. Way to go MOM- Congrats, and be proud.
  • joey200for2
    joey200for2 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    :smile: That's awesome! happy for all of you!
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    So great! My hubby is 6'1" and was 207. He was 197 last week. Lost ten pounds without even trying. Love that it's contagious. You must be super proud of your little girl!

I'm proud of all of them but it just cracks me up because she has her daddy wrapped around her finger and through 8 years of marriage I couldn't get him to eat any healthier and she just tells him this is what we are going to get and what we are going to do and he listens! LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!