Healthy snacks

Options
Leonzu
Leonzu Posts: 10 Member
I need some ideas for healthy snacks.
Currently I'm on 1200 calories a day and have been for approx. 6 weeks. It has served me well up until now, I was consistently losing 2lbs a week. However, for the last two weeks I have only lost 1lb :o(
So, I want to up my calories to around 1400-1500 per day to shake things up and I would prefer to do this by incorporating a few healthy snacks.

Any and all ideas are welcome.

Replies

• spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    kalamata olives, beef jerky, string cheese, raw or cooked veggies, homemade lara bars, walnuts or almonds (or whatever you like), plain full fat greek yogurt with a bit of honey...thats all I can think of off the top of my head!
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs! remembered one more :)
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Nuts. Your choice. They are healthy and can add a couple hundred calories pretty quickly.
    Great job btw on sticking on your calories for so many weeks.
  • jjostafford
    Options
    If you have a target near by they have a brand called market pantry. Get the cheddar rice cakes. They are amazing and better than chips. You can eat 11 for only 70 calories.
  • Dnsnyder
    Dnsnyder Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (I prefer Chobani) and/or low-fat cottage cheese are good lower cal sources of protein. Fresh veggies: Carrots, celery, tomatoes, broccoli, cucumber, etc. Fresh fruit: Apples, nectarines, plums, banana, blueberries, etc. Whole grain crackers (good source of fiber, I prefer Kashi). Nuts are great, just be aware of the true serving size. There are lots and lots of healthy snack options. Be creative and enjoy!
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    almonds, peanut butter or almond butter, hummus, pita chips, cottage cheese, string cheese, hard boiled eggs, raw veggies, fruit, turkey jerky (though it has a ton of sodium)
  • Leonzu
    Leonzu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, some great ideas here that I will definitely give a go :o)
    It's so so easy to get stuck in a dieting rut and eat the same foods continuously.
  • EgyptianMushroom
    EgyptianMushroom Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I like dannon's oikos greek yogurt and Quaker rice snacks.
  • Carita79
    Carita79 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    homemade kale chips! the flavor possibilities are endless!
    homemade granola bars or protien bars or crackers..(baked flax seeds seaweed and soy sauce purely amazing)
    radishes with pepper
    yogert chips and craisins
    hemp hearts
    roasted pumpin seeds
  • abdmps
    abdmps Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Special K has these new chips out called "cracker chips". They come in so many flavors and are AWESOME! You can have 27-30 chips for 110 calories. :)