T.H.E. (Trying Hard Everyday) Team - Week 25

Options

Replies

• pawprint061
    pawprint061 Posts: 640
    Options
    Hey guys....we've been awfully quiet this week....what's going on???
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Wow - you guys are quiet this week! Must be cuz several have been gone and a couple of us started new jobs. I have to admit, now that I'm working full time it is hard to find the time to check in. I'm sure that I'll get things into a new routine soon and be able to check in more often. Right now, I come home from work, change clothes, start supper, then we eat, then clean up the kitchen, then pack lunch for tomorrow, then do any chores, water the gardens, make a couple of calls, take a bath, go to bed, sleep, wake up, read the paper, walk/exercise, shower, go to work.... That's it right now. I'm doing really well packing healthy lunches and making healthy meals at home so I'm very proud of that.

I LOVE my new job. The people are super helpful and friendly and I am finding the work to be very interesting:) I can't wait to actually get my first paycheck though!

So, for newbies, a little about me: I am 49, stopped smoking two years ago and was already slightly overweight, but really added more pounds when I quit. I started MFP in January this year at 205 pounds ~ I'm 5'2". I've lost 20 pounds so far and have another 40 pounds to go. My goal is to get to 145, which is still heavier than what is recommended for my height BUT I feel really good at 160, so 145 will be a stretch for me ~ we'll see how it goes.

Indianagranny - i'm sorry things are falling apart:frown: I hope you are okay ~ I'm thinking of you:flowerforyou:

Nitag ~ glad you are back safe and sound and treating yourself well. :heart:

Chanty!!!!!! Soooooo happy to see you! Yay! Wedding!! You will be a beautiful bride ~ I am so excited for you!!!!! (I've missed you!):smooched:

Li4g~ If you are going to be standing for shifts that long, I hope you are wearing some really great shoes - and maybe some gel insoles too! Be kind to your feet, your knees and your back!

MY personal challenge: I will not allow myself to have "cheat days" or plan for "slip ups" ~ I am creating a healthier life, and just like when I quit smoking, I have to have that level of commitment. To be a non-smoker I had to commit to ZERO cigarrettes. My commitment for the next 10 days is ZERO "cheats"! I'm excited! Anyone want to join me?????? That's for tomorrow through next Saturday.

later gaters
    lulu:heart:
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good evening everyone :flowerforyou:

Welcome to the newcomers :smile: A little about myself... I'm 39 and married with 4 children, ages 21/g, 19/g, 16/b and 14/b. I have always been overweight and the only time I've ever lost weight was while I was pregnant and I would gain it all back plus more after the pregnancy. I've always had the bad habbit of not eating... I would drink coffee from the time I got up until I went to bed and would only eat supper and sometimes I wouldn't even eat that. So I guess my body was in starvation mode for many years. I've started this healthy lifestyle in May, the first motivation was a Biggest Loser contest at work (which I ended up winning :smile: ) So that was the beginning, after a few weeks of eating healthy and exercising I realized that I wasn't doing it for the contest anymore and was doing it for myself :smile: So not quite 3 months later I have lost almost 40lbs (hoping I will be at that 40lb mark by this Friday). Anyways that enough about me :smile:

So far I have been doing really well this week, I've even been drinking half my weight in ounces of water. It's been hard but I'm doing it ... that is over 15 cups a day. Tonight I actually had to have a glass of milk because I was under in calories. So far so good :smile:

Lulu - I'm up for that challenge :smile: so count me in!!

Well off to bed now... goodnight all!
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Lulu - Awww <3 Thanks! Me too to you!!!!! Thank-you:blushing: I missed you too!

Ohh PS Lulu, you look really good!

Everyone does!!!
  • CrazybeeRX
    CrazybeeRX Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. The beach was wonderful!! I am burnt/tanned and had a great time on the beach. I'll tell you one thing...walking in dry sand is a WITCH! I'm sure I burned more calories walking in that sand than anything else! I gained while I was gone. I didn't watch what I ate, I just had fun with my kids. I didn't have internet and that drove me nuts but I did take lots of pictures which I will post on facebook by the weekend. I am exhausted and the heat here is killing me. It's 11pm and it's still 88 degrees outside. It was 107 here today. Our highs for this area are usually in the 80's so we are melting here. It's 90 degrees in my house right now. I am headed to bed will post more later. Missed you all!!
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all...

Its hard to get up so early "yawn" I'm tired...

Today is my off day from exercise but I am going to eat right. Now I am just enjoying my cup of coffee..

Pawprint, I am soooo addicted to Farm Town.. Sheila and I were on it last night lol...

Did Okay yesterday.. but I didn't get in my water....

Chanty nice to see you ...

Anita
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    Hello Chantybear!!!!!!!! Great to see you!

For all the newbies: I'm 40 yrs old, married for 6 yrs with a 3 yr old daughter and two 20 something step daughters who are the greatest! I began MFP in February because I wanted a support group to help me stick to eating healthy. I have lost weight before but it never stays off. This team has been great for me to keep me motivated and you learn lots from each other. My starting weight was 208 (highest ever) and my goal is 150 by Christmas. In August, I have a family wedding to attend. I want to be down to 165 lbs so I'm working hard for that.

I love wogging! Went to the lake this week and there are lots of walking paths and hills. Wogged 6.5K the first day and 5K the second. The third day it rained :cry: I took lots of veggies so it was easy to stay on track with eating too. Now I'm home and have to keep up the "good" behavior.

Happy holidays to those who are away...we miss you :cry: Congrats to lulu and li4g - its adjustment time!

See you all at weigh in tomorrow!:drinker:
  • chantybear
    chantybear Posts: 343
    Options
    Hii Anita and Healthymom,

good to see you guys too! :)
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    So I've been quiet this week, but still sticking to watching my calories, trying to get in a bit of exercise, drinking the water...
    Don't pay attention to my food diary...I keep shutting the computer off early in the day, and forget to add the food...

Hope you're feeling better, Debbie.

I'm headed to the doctor tomorrow morning, for the many, many test results. Will be a big relief to get it over with. Since I haven't been called in to his office, though, I know everything is okay.

Wishing everyone wonderful results on the weigh-in tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'll have lost another pound, which will be wonderful. Get rid of that stinking plateau...
  • nitag
    nitag Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    2023 miles... 234,568 potty stops... 40 hours....7 states...

Made it! Got here yesterday afternoon. Making up for the crap I ate the second leg of the trip, trying to get my water in which is hard because I'm constantly thirsty and sweating (humidity) so I need more than I usually drink even. Hard to stay ahead of it right now.

Not eating junk but have enjoyed one or two of grandma's cookies, but everything else I've been doing good, so that i'm not gong over. Too humid to walk too much, but hoping to feel awake enough tomorrow to go on a long walk, even if I will be soaking wet when I get back.

Keep it up, folks!

Hmmm I see you opted for the family visit and not the air lol..
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Man Im tired. I have the day off today and plan to spend it at my friends pool, soaking up some sun and just chillaxin with my kids! Packed up the cooler with lunch and dinner and heading over there to spend the hot day. We were in the 90s until Tuesday when it got to 106, then yesterday was a wopping 107 and today we are supposed to get triple digits also. I guess for the next 8 days its supposed to be in the 90's. So, adopt4... since you didnt opt for the air, its a good thing to hit the road!! Cuz it is HOTTER than hell here! LOL!

Anyway...about the job. Yes lulu i have a good pair of shoes. My calves didnt start to ache until last night.. but I worked 9 1/2 hours yesterday. My heels and low back hurt a little but nothing like when I worked pharmacy. I am definitely moving all the time, which I love. I need a pedometer so I can track how much Im walking in a day just for giggles! I did invest in a good pair of work shoes because we had to have a certain type and that was the one thing I didnt skimp on when I had to go buy my uniform. My manager loves me already and asked me if I could stay later last night to help close. I was dead tired but did and she scheduled me to work 36.5 hours next week ON THE SHIFT I WANTED. According to one of my coworkers..that just never happens! They hired 3 new people (me included) for the deli and she kept telling some of the older ones yesterday to show me how to do stuff because... a.) I pay attention and b.) i learn really fast. I guess the other newbies got 20 hours each and are not that happy that they arent working as much. I have so many bills to catch up on... Im just glad to have the hours and the job is too easy so the time goes so fast!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    losingit - i pm'ed you...

well i had a hard time sleeping last night - woke up at 3 am and couldn't get back to sleep. not sure why. was freezing cold half the time and sweating the other half, so i think maybe i'm coming down with something. if the boys weren't cold (we're all in the basement together) then i surely shouldn't have been cold. bummer.

haven't been logging my food but keeping track in my head. very little if any cookies or anything, mostly meat and fruits and veggies. did have ice cream tonight at the "cone shop" with everyone, but one ice cream cone isn't a big deal (i don't think... i hope!)

think we're leaving on sunday. the ethiopian man who oversees my agency's adoptions there is coming into town this weekend (seattle) and so we want the boys to see him, it's been nearly a year. they still remember him clearly, he's a good man and really cares about these kids. we aren't necessarily cutting our vacation short to go to that picnic, but we are making sure we have a few days home before driving the 3 hours to seattle and back.
  • lulubar
    Options
    Crazy ~ walking in sand kicks my butt every time!! I am only 40 min. to the beach so we go occassionally and I know exactly what you mean! Sorry you're so hot there!

Cindeebee ~ let us know about the tests ~ Hope all is well~

Adopt4~ Hope you are enjoying your family - jeeze that is a loooooong drive!

LI4G ~ Glad you got good shoes! And especially glad you are liking your job ~ I'm loving my new job too. Excited to get a paycheck and actually start to catch up on some stuff!

Healthymom- You are doing so great on your weight loss! You rock!

Prayerful~ You riding? Running? Swimming? How ya doing?

Pawprint ~ thanks for the congrats on the job! Hows your new job going? Are you still liking it? What did you find out about school? Anything?

You guys are all just the BEST! I'm sooooo glad you are here and that we are all in this together! G'night friends ~ see you tomorrow...
    lulu:heart:
  • lulubar
    Options
    Oh yeah, for you guys up north, getting all the outrageously hot weather ~ I feel for you a LOT. We are used to it down south, but I can't imagine experiencing that kind of heat without airconditioning! Stay cool and hydrated. Keep your pulse points cool and you will stay cooler all over - rotate a cool rag to the bottoms of your feet, backs of your knees, bends of your elbows and the back of your neck. Also good to expose these areas to a fan.

Stay cool - and I mean that literally, not just trying to sound hip:) lol
  • prayerfulmom
    prayerfulmom Posts: 409
    Options
    sorry. I have been soooooo busy.

OK up .2
    I got in my bicycle goals.

100 bicycle
    3x swimming
    1x running

great exercise week! going out of town for a monster bicycle ride. We'll see how it goes; changes of altitude.

Missing ya'll.
  • Lorann
    Lorann Posts: 107
    Options
    Good morning Team!!

Ok I was to excited to wait for the new thread and I would have done it but I'm not good with words to start it :laugh:

So I thought I had a bad weekend and then with my TOM I didn't even want to weigh in this morning... but I did and I almost fainted :laugh: the scale actually said 242 ... i couldn't believe it!! That is down 5 lbs from last week!! I'm so amazed... and that now take me over the 40lb mark!!! Woohoo

prayerfulmom - OK up .2
    Lorann - SW 285 / GW 145 / CW 242 = a loss of 5lbs
  • zano2008
    zano2008 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Team,
    Prayerfulmom - have a great time riding your bike. Your workouts are inspirational. I'll be away from home and in the ER for a week of training so my daily routine will be different. Up one pound this week, next weeks gonna be better. I'm gonna keep the water and the logging going, have a great day......Zano
    S/W 211
    C/W 205
    G/W 165
    +1 lb
  • healthymom2009
    Options
    prayerfulmom - OK up .2
    zano- S/W 211 C/W 205 G/W 165 +1 lb
    healthymom - sw208 gw150 cw170= 2 lb loss

Zano- keep drinking water and that pound will be gone in no time!
    Lorann - Happy dance for you!!!!
    Prayerful - glad you checked in. way to go on the exercise!

Lost my two pounds earlier in the week and then came home for two days (no exercise, no water). Today the scale is up but that is temporary...going for my wog this morning!
  • cyndeebee
    cyndeebee Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    prayerfulmom - OK up .2
    cyndeebee SW 136 GW 115 CW 125 1 pound lost
  • pawprint061
    Options
    prayerfulmom - OK up .2
    cyndeebee SW 136 GW 115 CW 125 1 pound lost
    Pawprint-SW/168, GW/140, CW/160.2 3 pound loss

I've lost three pounds total in the past two weeks but I didn't weigh myself last week so I don't really know when it was lost...