Protein Powder confusion...!

Options
I'm looking for a protien powder to have in evening after a workout, but there are soooo many out there, I don't know where to start.

Something low in calories, carbs & sugar.
Also, is there a major difference between isolate/isolite and concentrate that I need to know about??
I've looked at ones specifically 'marketed' at women but they seem to be high in sugar with (what seem to me) not very much protein content.

I'm considering Trec-nutrition 100% Whey Protein Concentrate, but only because it has the least calories per serving of all the ones I've looked at.

Any advice or recommendations welcome :-)

Replies

• FrancineC514
    Options
    I have the perfect one for you!!!! I was looking for the same EXACT thing. I'll send you a message :)
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    ??
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I have the perfect one for you!!!! I was looking for the same EXACT thing. I'll send you a message :)

Lemme guess

FrancineBBV stands for Francine Body by Vi?
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Lemme guess

Lol my thought exactly
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Generally the price difference in isolate and concentrate isn't worth it unless you have GI issues. Whey is probably what you want based on your description. I'd personally go with a mix(whey, casein, egg) to spread out digestion rates. It would also make it more versatile.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Concentrate: 80% protein by weight (or less).

Isolate: 85% - 90% protein by weight from further filtration. Has lower/no fat, lactose and other "fillers"

Intek Evolution Whey Isolate has no sugar or carbs 130 calories per scoop.

The biggest difference from one to the other will be the fillers (the last 10%) so look at the ingredient list before you buy.

Once you've narrowed it down, flavor becomes the biggest differentiator.
  • LindseySprake
    LindseySprake Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Lemme guess

Lol my thought exactly

YEP!!!
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

Isolate: 85% - 90% protein by weight from further filtration. Has lower/no fat, lactose and other "fillers"

The biggest difference from one to the other will be the fillers (the last 10%) so look at the ingredient list before you buy.

The 5% "filler" is really worth almost double the price???? I guess to each their own.
  • akm4108
    akm4108 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm looking for a protien powder to have in evening after a workout, but there are soooo many out there, I don't know where to start.

Something low in calories, carbs & sugar.
    Also, is there a major difference between isolate/isolite and concentrate that I need to know about??
    I've looked at ones specifically 'marketed' at women but they seem to be high in sugar with (what seem to me) not very much protein content.

I'm considering Trec-nutrition 100% Whey Protein Concentrate, but only because it has the least calories per serving of all the ones I've looked at.

Any advice or recommendations welcome :-)

I'm taking BSN's Syntha-6 delicious, and it provides the calories I need to hit my MFP goal after a workout/cardio session. Muscle Pharm also puts out a product called "combat" that's delicious as well. Champion nutrition has "Pure Whey" which was tasty. All good choices here.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options

The 5% "filler" is really worth almost double the price???? I guess to each their own.

I guess it depends on where you buy.

The people I shop with are reputable and don't screw me over by doubling the price.