Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight training for weak women

After seeing some pics of women on here who train I want to do that!

I do wome work with a resistance band and some bicep work with water bottles but thats all ... I do pilates an cardio work only.

What sort of weights and exercises are most suitable for a women?

Im 20, 5ft7 and 193lb - I am 193lb because I eat to much ... I am not going to lie here :-)

I have previously been a gym member but I cant hack the smell, the noise, the men. My local gym is full of big bodybuilder men and I cant get on any kit or anywhere near anything other than cardio kit !

So I am looking for what I can do at home! I have some cash so can buy weights and stuff :-)

Replies

• cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Most women don't realize that they're a lot stronger than they think they are! There's also the misconception that lifting heavy weights will make a woman "bulky" and I can't stress that this is so very far from the truth! Take a look at my pictures. I can deadlift 225 lbs and squat 100+ but I wouldn't say I'm "bulky" in the least.

If you have money for weights, I would invest in some dumbells and barbells. Don't just buy 5-10 lbs - include the heavy weights too! You will work up to them!
  • nibbynoo
    nibbynoo Posts: 250 Member
    bump!
  • If you have none now, check out the adjustable weights. Make sure the quality is good and they are heavy enough to challenge you for a while - 50+ pounds. Weight training does incredibly great things for your body. I also recommend reading "The new Rules of Lifting for Women." Good luck!!