New Mom with a new goal !

Options
Hi , I"m a new mom of an almost 8mnth old trying to get back into shape, back to my pre-baby wardrobe. I've lost 6lbs. Started at 171 and my goal is 155 .

I sit all day at a desk though I start training this week for a 5k. I'm looking forward to the exercise with baby in stroller! He will enjoy the stroll and the nice weather... I hope.

I need some help with types of foods I should be eating. I know I have to cut out rice and breads (my fav's). I need some suggestions for less carbs...more protein....

What can I snack on at work? What's a good low carb lunch?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

M:smile::smile: fdez

Replies

• maddiedog22
    maddiedog22 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hi , I"m a new mom of an almost 8mnth old trying to get back into shape, back to my pre-baby wardrobe. I've lost 6lbs. Started at 171 and my goal is 155 .

I sit all day at a desk though I start training this week for a 5k. I'm looking forward to the exercise with baby in stroller! He will enjoy the stroll and the nice weather... I hope.

I need some help with types of foods I should be eating. I know I have to cut out rice and breads (my fav's). I need some suggestions for less carbs...more protein....

What can I snack on at work? What's a good low carb lunch?I
    Thanks in advance for your suggestions...

M:smile::smile: fdez
    I really starting to like Greek yogurt with fruit on the bottom, lots of protein too. Special k chips are low cslorie-27chips for 110 cal. But when ever I just wanna eat I grab celery stick with honey mustard, radishes with a lil sweet n low( it makes them taste a lil sweeter) I make protein shake in the morning with Jillian micheals whey protein mix. Also if u need energy mioEnergy is no calories and gives u a good boost or crystal light energy 10cal packets. Drink slow cuz I got the shakes from chugging o e the first time. Good luck
  • mfdez
    mfdez Posts: 7
    Options
    Thxs ! I like those Chobani greek yogurts and I've tried those 100 cal pks of snacks as a treat around 3 at work. I will look into trying a protein shake in the am.