Advice on my food diary please :)

Options
Hey!

I was just wondering if someone would like to check out my diary and give me their opinion.
I'm supposed to be eating 5-6 meals a day. So my snacks have 2 meals.

Replies

• Balance27
    Balance27 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looks like you are making healthy choices but you are going to want to up your calories a bit. I'm sure eating a lot of protein makes you not feel hungry, but you do not want to go too many days being too low.

Why did you drop your calorie intake?
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    Expect to get quite a few replies on the number of calories you're consuming.

As for the quality of food you're eating, everything looks good.
  • chezul
    chezul Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Not only the low calories but the skipping of lunch is not a good think.... I believe the recommendation is that you should be eating every 3-4 hours.... so bfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner..... don't wreck your motabolism by consuming tooo frew calories too often
  • asaunders1981
    Options
    Calories are so low!!!!! How come?

People fill in their diary for the day, and get happy when they come in significantly under their daily MFP goal, not realizing just how much damage they are actually doing. You may start out with good losses, but your body will progressively start holding onto more and more fat, thinking it's got to or it will starve. This "starvation mode" thing you hear so often is no myth, it's biology.

I do agree that the quality of the food is decent though, you just need much more of it.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Expect to get quite a few replies on the number of calories you're consuming.

As for the quality of food you're eating, everything looks good.

You dont eat enough food to properly lose weight.

A few things about the course you are on.

1) unless you have gastric bypass you should be consuming 1400+ calories period.

2) Leptin levels are probably already down the tubes so unless you start binging and purging you wont lose any fat from this point.

2) Ghrelin is probably heading down the tubes as well...hows your apatite?

3) At some point soon your body will start trying to slow you down using cortisol.
    This raises stress levels, lowers HGH levels and starts catabolizing lean mass to drop your BMR lower to compensate for the low cal intake. This lean mass can include the heart and any muscle in your diaphragm.
    you start losing this lean mass and youll eventually die.

4) Eating at this level screws with hormones. So if you dont want kids in the future keep it up.

If you truly want to lose fat you should look into high calorie diets that use working out as a form of creating a deficit.

Most women 5'2" working out 3-5 times a week can eat upwards of 1600-1800 daily and drop fat.
    Most women 5'5" working out 3-5 times a week can eat upwards of 1800-2k a day and lose fat.
    Most women 5'7" working out 3-5 times a week can eat 2k-2200 daily and lose fat.

Check out my profile for a great link to figure out what you need to lose weight.

Please feel free to PM me any questions!
    I've helped 100s and I wont stop before you get on board!

Hugs!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Not only the low calories but the skipping of lunch is not a good think.... I believe the recommendation is that you should be eating every 3-4 hours.... so bfast - snack - lunch - snack - dinner..... don't wreck your motabolism by consuming tooo frew calories too often

Myth.

This is set in place to get people who normally dont eat to have a new pattern.
    After 21 days its a habit.
    They naturally eat more now.

Have a look at Intermittent fasters and youll see why meal frequency has nothing to do with metabolism.

The body works in 24hour cycles set in place by hormones.
    You eat your set calories at, above or below TDEE to get your desired results.
  • peaceinside
    peaceinside Posts: 272
    Options
    Not eating enough! I know it's ironic but true. Try it you will be shocked and pleased.
    Peace
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

Derp. Too few calories too often wrecks your metabolism now too?!?!? OMG, Ive snacked all day - aaaargh!!
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    \.
  • deniseamedina
    deniseamedina Posts: 18 Member
    Options

I've never skipped lunch. I'm not sure where you got that idea from! I must have forgot to log in that one day.

Lunch is my favorite meal of the day!