I really wanted the other half...

Options
So we went to applebee's the other day and i had half of a grilled chicken sandwhich...well i went in the fridge and the other half is in there and i really wanted it. but i said no and im now going to have oatmeal with a small glass of milk....and its still prob the same amount of cals as half of that sandwhich if not under the cals of the sandwhich

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    So we went to applebee's the other day and i had half of a grilled chicken sandwhich...well i went in the fridge and the other half is in there and i really wanted it. but i said no and im now going to have oatmeal with a small glass of milk....and its still prob the same amount of cals as half of that sandwhich if not under the cals of the sandwhich

i wouldve chosen the sandwhich, but now you can have it for lunch!!!!:tongue:
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    save it for lunch, or dinner! it'd feel more satisfying having that yummyness as your dinner. :drinker:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options

lol i dont know what the cal count is but i looked up a grilled chicken with a lowfat lime sauce from there and it was 361cals for just the chicken itself...i wanna know wtf type of chicken theyre using...it must have a lot of fat in it or something ...lol but i think imma just throw it away or see if my son wants it :sad: :sad: oh it tasted so good tho
  • foxyforce
    Options
    its probably that low fat lime sauce, mixed with whatever other sauces or oils they got! give it to your son, he needs to grow!!!
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options

lol i dont know what the cal count is but i looked up a grilled chicken with a lowfat lime sauce from there and it was 361cals for just the chicken itself...i wanna know wtf type of chicken theyre using...it must have a lot of fat in it or something ...lol but i think imma just throw it away or see if my son wants it :sad: :sad: oh it tasted so good tho

A lot of resturants inject thier chiken with fat to make it juicy and give it flavour. I've read a lot of things that tell you you should always order beef(steak) when out because they are less likely to add oils or butter when preparing it.
  • Lil_Leah
    Options
    loathesome i love your little boxer dude! :laugh:
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    its probably that low fat lime sauce, mixed with whatever other sauces or oils they got! give it to your son, he needs to grow!!!
    lol yea my son is super skinny...but he's more of a health nut than me :noway: :noway: and hes only 3 :laugh: :laugh:
    btw i see uve lost another pound congrats hun!!!!!
  • foxyforce
    Options

thanks! i got him cause of your lil treadmill guy, i was like 'aw thats too cute' and followed the link to the website and looked under sporty smileys! they have some stellar ones that don't apply to me, but will some day. like bungee jumping ones!
  • foxyforce
    Options
    lol yea my son is super skinny...but he's more of a health nut than me :noway: :noway: and hes only 3 :laugh: :laugh:
    btw i see uve lost another pound congrats hun!!!!!

thank you!!!
  • Lil_Leah
    Options

thanks! i got him cause of your lil treadmill guy, i was like 'aw thats too cute' and followed the link to the website and looked under sporty smileys! they have some stellar ones that don't apply to me, but will some day. like bungee jumping ones!

lol! my treadmill guy definitely hasnt suited me this week... i have worked out since last tuesday...:grumble:
  • sherisil
    sherisil Posts: 2
    Options
    Hey there!

I find that going out for dinner, whether it is to a restaurant or someone's house is always tricky. For example, I am going to my parents place for dinner tomorrow night and they are ordering Chinese food. So, I allotted myself only a certain amount of what they order and it resulted in quite a bit of my calorie consumption for one day in only one meal. Having said that, I just went a little bit lower in calorie intake for breakfast and lunch to balance things out for that day.
    The way I see it, there are going to be days when we don't do the greatest and we have to allow ourselves those times every now and again. The important thing is that we get back on track right away and try and work out what we might have put on!

Thanks for listening!
    Cheers
  • foxyforce
    Options
    Hey there!

I find that going out for dinner, whether it is to a restaurant or someone's house is always tricky. For example, I am going to my parents place for dinner tomorrow night and they are ordering Chinese food. So, I allotted myself only a certain amount of what they order and it resulted in quite a bit of my calorie consumption for one day in only one meal. Having said that, I just went a little bit lower in calorie intake for breakfast and lunch to balance things out for that day.
    The way I see it, there are going to be days when we don't do the greatest and we have to allow ourselves those times every now and again. The important thing is that we get back on track right away and try and work out what we might have put on!

Thanks for listening!
    Cheers

thats a good idea

i also find that if you go out with a big group of people, even just your parents, and you offer something like half a sandwhich to them...odds are they will take it if they eat bad. i guess it is bad to push it on them, but i'd rather them eat it than me!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Hey there!

Thanks for listening!
    Cheers
    i have a problem with that...and i think thats one of the reasons i'm so strict on my diet...is because if i cheat once i have trouble getting back on track and that one day usually turns into 2 weeks which eventually turns into a month and so on...And we're sposed to be going out for lunch again today :mad: im thinking of just ordering a small salad and a cup of healthy soup if they have any :ohwell:
  • slingblade
    slingblade Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I worked in restaurants during college, and we sold lots of "low-fat" chicken. At least it was before it spent the night soaking in a vat of butter and other "proprietary" sauces--that stuff makes it taste good. They want you to like it a lot so you will come back. They are interested in making money not making you skinny. BEWARE of the "LOW FAT" menu.
  • foxyforce
    Options
    I worked in restaurants during college, and we sold lots of "low-fat" chicken. At least it was before it spent the night soaking in a vat of butter and other "proprietary" sauces--that stuff makes it taste good. They want you to like it a lot so you will come back. They are interested in making money not making you skinny. BEWARE of the "LOW FAT" menu.

that is awful, it is so much like a crack pusher, he gets his people hooked for free and then they keep coming back at cost!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    :sick: that is really really gross:laugh: :sick:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Hasian: You are 1/2 way there! Congrats!! & BTW, your new profile pic is awesome! I love the smiles!!:smile:

On eating out: Imma tell ya, restaurants are sooo totally JUST there to make the almighty $! When you eat out anywhere , just remember that! As with anything else, if it sounds way too good to be true, it probably is.

Good on ya though for resisting!
  • hasiangirl
    Options
    Hasian: You are 1/2 way there! Congrats!! & BTW, your new profile pic is awesome! I love the smiles!!:smile:

On eating out: Imma tell ya, restaurants are sooo totally JUST there to make the almighty $! When you eat out anywhere , just remember that! As with anything else, if it sounds way too good to be true, it probably is.

Good on ya though for resisting!
    :blushing: tyvm hun :)...and yea i do not like eating out anymore lol..dang greedy resturaunts not caring for our health :mad: