Potato Chips I Hate You!!

Options
My confession...

I just ate half an opened bag of Lay's Sour Cream & Onion potato chips...a BIG bag that my little brother left in the kitchen. It was after I had my dinner of buckwheat noodle, eggwhite and cabbage, a nonfat yogurt and a granola bar. I was full too. I felt guilty eating half a bag of 10.5oz chips! Now I'm about to head to the gym. I went over 900 calories...I would be happy if I can burn 500 cal at the gym tonight. =(

I'd been good for 3 weeks or so too. *sad*
Oh yeah, I was about to try South Beach, but it was super hard for me to find snacks...ahhh!

Replies

• foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    My confession...

I just ate half an opened bag of Lay's Sour Cream & Onion potato chips...a BIG bag that my little brother left in the kitchen. It was after I had my dinner of buckwheat noodle, eggwhite and cabbage, a nonfat yogurt and a granola bar. I was full too. I felt guilty eating half a bag of 10.5oz chips! Now I'm about to head to the gym. I went over 900 calories...I would be happy if I can burn 500 cal at the gym tonight. =(

Oh yeah, I was about to try South Beach, but it was super hard for me to find snacks...ahhh!

i did that whole grain tostitos the other night, and a small jar of salsa...my dad called me a hog...he was joking, but it was so true lol
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I ate about a third of a bag of Lays low salt last night...no guilt though. :tongue:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    My confession...

i did that whole grain tostitos the other night, and a small jar of salsa...my dad called me a hog...he was joking, but it was so true lol

O now I'm getting hungry. I have whole grain tostitos and i even have salsa. I will have to wait till tomorrow. :cry:
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Ohhh have you ever heard of Guacachips? I have done that TOO many times.

Go to the gym, then forget about it and start fresh tomorrow. Pretend like it didn't happen. Let it go.

The only thing I absolutely hate about binge-eating like that is the feeling of being uncomfortably full afterwards and having no idea why I did it.
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    Went to the gym for an hour, burnt about 600 calories. So now I am -300 instead of -900. Felt much better!

Ohhh! I didn't know there are whole grain tostitos. I should look for it if I ever crave for chips again! Thanks guys!
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Make sure not to get into a -eat a lot & workout to burn it off cycle. My roommate began to do that and it spiralled into this exercise bulimia thing... pretty much instead of purging- she worked out.:)
  • RecliningFigure
    RecliningFigure Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Chips are the hardest to resist for me. I try not to keep any in the house. But my husband likes chips. I buy him the ones he likes, but the ones I'm NOT crazy about. This way, I can resist. It's true, I just can't have one. I can see myself easily finish a whole family bag of chips in a day. It's the one thing I'm very careful about.

So-out of sight, usually out of mind.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    We don't have chips in the house. Plain & simple...no temptation
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I have a love/hate relationship with potato chips!
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    Chips are so hard for me to resist too. I had some fat free lays here at work and ended up having to throw them away because I couldn't stay out of them.:embarassed: I'm better off to not put the first one in my mouth because when I do I want to shove the whole bag in there.

I'm glad you were able to burn off some of those calories. Now forget it and move on.:wink:
  • TerriDactyl
    Options
    Oh ya, potato chips call my name as I walk the isles of the grocery store.
    It doesn't matter where in the store I am, those chip displays are all over and I just have to pick up a bag.
    I'm guilty of opening them in the car and eating them on the ride home.
    Yesterday, after opening and eating them on the drive home, when I pulled into the driveway, I close the bag, smashed up all the chips then dumped them in the trash so I wouldn't finish the bag.
  • jenj1983
    jenj1983 Posts: 30
    Options
    Don't worry! It's just a little bump in the road but you will prevail!