30 day shred and what jillian says

Options
I just thought I would throw this out there since its hard to find if you dont know what your doing and there are so many out there that do things a different way (30 days straight which i am not against BUT...)

Jillian had a question in a podcast about how often to do it and her answer was...
2 days of 30DS one day cardio 2 days of 30 DS and one cardio then a rest day. She said the name was more so what her marketing people came up with since each level is meant to be 10 days (just not 10 straight) thats marketing for you!
Not saying not to do 30 days straight if you want but she was very adamant about how important it is to have a rest day. Just thought I'd let you all know :-)

Replies

• librarianjen
    librarianjen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I wish I could do this program, but it shredded my knees! I don't have great knees anyway, complicated I'm sure by the fact that I'm very overweight. I tried her 30DS, and liked it, but couldn't MOVE the next day. My knees hurt for ages after that.
  • steffihoney
    steffihoney Posts: 392
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that. I wondered about doing it for 30 days straight. I was under the impression that the body needed to heal itself before tearing it back down again.
  • OpenHeaven
    OpenHeaven Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...good to know!!!! I am actually starting it today =) I did it once before, and missed one day in those 30 days, but man I needed a rest day in there somewhere!!!!

Thanks for the info! =)
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    great to know! thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I am no good at doing a program straight through anyway because I get bored of the monotony.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing! I didn't understand why it makes it sound like you should do it every day...muscle needs time to repair! I've been doing 30DS on Mon, Wed, and Fri and cardio and yoga on the other days.
  • Mzcyn
    Mzcyn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to do Jillian's 30 DS. I plan to pick up the DVD this weekend. Thanks for the info. I'll keep that in mind once I start doing it.
  • elfo
    elfo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Thanks -- that makes so much more sense!!!
  • jenna25
    jenna25 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    thank you :)
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    nice to know!
  • smplycomplicated
    smplycomplicated Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I wondered about it myself. my first round of the shred i did straight through. I will be honest and say after the 15th day i was burned out. I had to drag myself through the last 15 days. I'm on my second round and i'm doing lvl 3 for 30 days. I'm doing it a lil smarter this time and giving myself a rest day when i feel i need it.
  • Mom2M_and_O
    Mom2M_and_O Posts: 214
    Options
    This is really great to know! I think I'll do that for the remainder of my 30DS days. Plus I really miss doing Just Dance and Zumba Wii....
  • tinana_RN
    tinana_RN Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    This is helpful. I've tried the 30DS two different times and gave up I think by the 10th day. I have bad knees as well and I think that's what made me give up on it. I think being able to break it up during the week would make it a little more desirable, lol.
  • dids1989
    dids1989 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    thanks for letting me know. i started this today :)
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I wish I had heard that when I did it before! Had some tough days! Thanks for sharing!
  • zigzag13
    zigzag13 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info., did she happen to say how many calories you can burn?
  • lisseth82
    lisseth82 Posts: 28
    Options
    My knees are thanking you. Today would have been day 9. I have also been doing cardio everyday and was wondering how my knees were going to handle this brutal pounding. Makes total sense now!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for sharing that
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I am on level 1, did day 7 yesterday and today is my rest day. I wasen't sure If I took a rest day if I would have the same results but I know they say you should have rest day. Now I know that it won't hurt to rest
  • abcmiah
    abcmiah Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I agree! I do it once or twice a week (and do cardio and strength training the other days) and it is really hard on the knees. I couldn't do it 30 days in a row and still be able to walk.
    I wish I could do this program, but it shredded my knees! I don't have great knees anyway, complicated I'm sure by the fact that I'm very overweight. I tried her 30DS, and liked it, but couldn't MOVE the next day. My knees hurt for ages after that.