But I LOVE Starbucks !!

Options
What do I do? I've been drinking a nice warm 0 carb green tea on my way to work....but it's doesn't do anything for me :sad:

Replies

• bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Get it occasionally and choose low fat options.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Find ways to cut cals from your other meals, order reduced calorie (if possible?), and/or workout extra hard to make up for it.

It's all about making the numbers work!
  • mfdez
    mfdez Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm doing my best.. I just treat myself on Sat. am to a skim no whip...
  • mojox2003
    mojox2003 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I still have mine but its once a week now as a treat with the girls and I just work it into that days calories, there is no point depriving yourself at all becasue thats when your going to go off the rails and cheat.
  • TundraTed
    TundraTed Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Nonfat Cafe Misto with Sugar Free Syrup. 90 Cals for a Venti.
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Tall Skinny Vanilla latte my absolute favorite!!!

ONLY 100 calories and lots of protein from the milk.
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    grande soy latte. I have one almost everyday. You can make it fit!
  • almaster666
    almaster666 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Large coffee, black whenever I go to Peets/Starbucks
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Tall Skinny Vanilla latte my absolute favorite!!!

ONLY 100 calories and lots of protein from the milk.
    Protein AND sugar (like 4-5 grams) if memory serves me right.
  • girl_afraid82
    girl_afraid82 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Tall skinny caramel latte is my weakness... only 90 odd calories though so I treat myself to it once a week.
    I used to have a grande one, with normal milk... so this tastes the same, but is a better portion size and lower calories.

Everything in moderation :smile:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I still have mine but its once a week now as a treat with the girls and I just work it into that days calories, there is no point depriving yourself at all becasue thats when your going to go off the rails and cheat.

Exactly. The quickest way to fall into bad habits is to restrict so much that you're miserable all the time.
  • MisStarr_83
    MisStarr_83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I understand. I love Starbucks too. I can't limit myself very well so I completely gave it up. I stick to a cup of regular coffee in the mornings. Plus I try to remind myself of the money I am saving.
  • gorda1981
    Options
    I also love Starbucks. I Downloaded an app for my smartphone. It's on Market under Satarbucks Calories. It's free and you can control the calories you eat/dreak!
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    The quality of Starbucks coffee isn't all that good. Buy yourself a good coffeemaker and some nice beans and make yourself a to-go cup at home.

You'll save money and calories.
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    If you have to indulge think small! They do a kiddie size of most things so if you REALLY need that full fat frapachino get the smallest size possible. ;)
  • epicthin
    epicthin Posts: 23
    Options
    White Chocolate Americano. The white chocolate gives the espresso a nice, creamy finish.

70 calories for a tall, and CHEAP. I mean, it's terrible for you and not nutritious at all, but it's a good trade-off.
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Once a week for me if I crave it on my free day, sometimes I don't....but i I want it save for then. Always get non fat though, just my preference, and I don't skip the whipped....they also have a Strawberry Banna smoothie that is made w/ whey protien and is really good:)
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Compromise or make it work. Green tea isn't going to replace a coffee, the flavor and caffeine levels aren't the same.
  • cior
    cior Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I still get my favorite Black Tea Lemonade often! I work it into my calories. Just because I am watching my calories does not mean I am going to stop enjoying some of the things I love!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I get whatever I want from Starbucks. I love SB!!!