But I LOVE Starbucks !!

Options

Replies

• A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I use to love frappucinos. So now, I just get the light version and it's less than 150 calories! Still hits the spot.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    About once a week I splurge... usually a double tall soy latte, every couple of weeks a soy chai latte.

I log it. It fits. I'm losing weight.

Oh, and I NEVER go with "sugar free" syrups, as I do not do artificial sweeteners. I just go with the real stuff, and log it.
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    Just limit your intake. It's just unnecessary sugar calories you are drinking away. I am a Starbuckaholic & there is one downstairs of my job!!! I use to hit the drive thru EVERY MORNING for my long commute treat. Now I refrain and reduce to once a week or once every 2 weeks. I love everything that is high calorie up in there so treating myself frequently won't contribute to my goals . . . Starbucks had to get nixed for now!!!

They were also breaking the bank! $3-$4 daily drinks can go to paying a bill!
  • JaySpice
    JaySpice Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    How many calories is in the drink?
  • Val_from_OH
    Val_from_OH Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Nonfat Cafe Misto with Sugar Free Syrup. 90 Cals for a Venti.

^^ This!^^ You will see this a few times a week in my diary for breakfast. I usually just have 2 splenda rather than syrup - personal preference.
  • Lainn
    Lainn Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My standard drink is a non-fat, no-whip mocha. Love them!

I agree that choosing lighter options is a way to "indulge" in that Starbucks. However it would be far less expensive to make your morning joe at home. And it might surprise you, but making it yourself can also be healthier. Especially since you are in control of portions and ingredients.
  • allisongriffith1984
    Options
    The morning AFTER I do a personal trainer apt I go to starbucks for a sugar free latte. Just get a tall - get extra hot - then you're forced to sip it a little longer rather than pounding it back and wanting more. Then cut out one of your snacks - or switch a snack that day to a piece of fruit or handful of vegis. Then it's my treat for surviving a really rough workout.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    What do I do? I've been drinking a nice warm 0 carb green tea on my way to work....but it's doesn't do anything for me :sad:

then get what you want. get the smallest version of what you want. or get a bigger one and work it off. going through life miserable/annoyed/craving/whatever ... no way to go through life.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    When it's hot i love an unsweetened passion tea lemonade. Other than that i get a grande non-fat no whip whateveritisiwant. Indulge, just make it a little better choice and it it into yor calorie count. I go once or twice a month. Even the 'healthy' options are high in calories, but it's okay to treat yourself sometimes.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    What's your issue? Tea has negligible if any caloric value.

If you put something in it (cream or milk) then it has carbs so I assume you drink it plain?

In that case, what's the issue? Green teas are good for you. Just because something isn't caloric doesn't mean it's bad (or good for that matter).
  • Chloe_Chaos_
    Chloe_Chaos_ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    grande skinny cafe mocha no whip = 140 cals
  • woopidydoo
    woopidydoo Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to drink a venti soy vanilla latte every day. I cut it out completely a few weeks ago. Not only did I think they were making me fat...$5.35 is just too much money everyday for coffee. I save $160 a month now (not even counting the gas money I'd spend driving there everyday).
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Tall Skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have been getting a Venti iced skinny vanilla latte with soy milk when I make it to Starbucks. It's 150 calories, but I work this into my calories and still get my caffeine fix.
  • lancasrj
    lancasrj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Large coffee, black whenever I go to Peets/Starbucks

word
  • Tashry
    Tashry Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    That's my weakness too! I found out my tall salted caramel hot chocolate has 360 calories and the skinny version isn't much better. I still have them, just not every day. I make them work with my calories. Like today, I am looking at only about 900 calories in my meals today total, and I need to bring that up. So today is a hot chocolate day if I want one :)

MFP isn't about depriving. It's about making it work with your lifestyle. Are you going to never allow a treat again, even at your goal weight? If you constantly deprive yourself of the things you want while working your way towards your goal, you will be setting yourself up for failure when you reach that goal. Learn NOW how to incorporate into your daily routine the things you still want to be able to enjoy.
  • taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    White Chocolate Americano. The white chocolate gives the espresso a nice, creamy finish.

70 calories for a tall, and CHEAP. I mean, it's terrible for you and not nutritious at all, but it's a good trade-off.

I'll have to try that! I love the White Chocolate Mocha, but even a tall with skim and no-whip is 270 calories! I can't afford that many calories on a drink.
  • OtakuEngineer
    Options
    I usually do everything iced, skinny(non-fat milk no whip, sugar-free syrup)... when you compare the calories from that to a glass of milk it's pretty similar.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have a latte issue as well. I kicked the soda habit, but coffee is harder for me. I went to a lower calorie (vanilla latte from white mocha) smaller size, tall (even though that grande is calling my name) and I cut calories elsewhere, knowing this choice is why. (I cannot do surgar free or non fat).
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    You can make your own at home for a lot less calories. I like iced coffee, so I make it up and store it in the fridge. If you want flavor you can just add a little coffee creamer and it will be a lot less in calories than it would be if you got it from a coffee house. You can do the same thing with blended or hot versions.

Here are some recipes... I haven't tried these ones in particular, but they came up when I did a google search so here they are :P
    http://love4coffee.blogspot.com/2010/03/low-calorie-mocha-frappe-recipe.html
    http://www.foodiefiasco.com/?p=816