detox diet

Options
LOVEsummer
LOVEsummer Posts: 304 Member
I'm thinking of going on a 7-10 day detox diet, any suggestions or advice?

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    What does it involve? They can be unsafe from what I've heard...

~Leash :heart:
  • futurefitgirl
    Options
    I just spent the last 3 weeks trying to do it. I can't get past day 3. It is extremely difficult to do, especially mentally. I have heard many different views on cleansing. I think it is a good thing and if it isn't necessary, at least it can't hurt you. It is doable, just very difficult.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    if you are talking about that lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper thing...don't do it.

Your body will detox if you eat clean and drink lots of water
  • mdpgap
    mdpgap Posts: 8
    Options
    I've done the lemonade diet (lemon juice, maple syrup & pepper) for 6 days & lost 11 lbs & for 4 days & lost 6 lbs. I use it only to get myself in the habit of eating less- kind of a jump start. I know, not the best way to do it-but it works for me. (I log the ingredients in and it's a very high carb diet-which explains the energy)

Eating less, exercise more & lots of water is the best.
  • joanewright
    Options
    There's also a lemonade diet that a friend of mine used. I never could get past the cayenne pepper.
    :wink:
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I detox several times per year. I've done it alone as well as with the supervision of a doctor.

What method are you considering? My favorite is the Master Cleanser, aka the lemonade diet. It is very safe and effective when done properly. And never do it with the intention of weight loss. The purpose of any detox is to relaease toxins. Excess fat is considered toxic, so it will come off during your program. Just don't set your sights on a quick weight loss fix. And prepare to follow up after the program ends....the effects only last as long as you follow thru. I used to have terrible allergies and get colds several times per year. I also have PMDD and IBS. I cleanse occasionally and follow as close to a non-tixic diet as I can on most days. I haven't had a cold or any sinus problems in at least 2 years! I manage my PMDD and IBS without medications, (well I use motrin for cramps if I need to)

I highly recommend detoxing properly. I can't stress the PROPERLY enough. You can hurt yourself if you go about a program mindlessly and for the wrong reasons.

I'd love to know what you decide, and I'd be happy to begin a program with you and support you as you go thru it the first time. Mid summer is a real good time to do a seasonal detox.
  • hollychristine
    hollychristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    There's also a lemonade diet that a friend of mine used. I never could get past the cayenne pepper.
    :wink:

You can buy cayenne pepper capsules at a health food store and take them throughout the day and just drink the lemonade seperatley. I like the kick it adds to the drink. You can also get liquid cayenne pepper, it has the same benefit, but not so rough going down.