Anybody else freezing?!?

Options
I have lost 18 lbs in 2 and a half months and I find that I am freezing all the time!! Could it be because there is less "blubber" to keep me warm?? Anybody else notice this? Maybe I'm just weird haha...

Replies

• TriciaAllen7251
    TriciaAllen7251 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have lost 70 pounds of the past 6-7 months and am constantly freezing. I joke that when the surgeon did my lap band surgery he also turned down my internal thermostat. In reality he did, my blood pressure is not near as high as it was prior to surgery.
  • candisrn
    candisrn Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes!!! I'm not sure why but I'm thinking it was the extra fat that was keeping me warm. I wonder if it could be that our metabolism's have sped up?
  • Kvrana
    Kvrana Posts: 7
    Options
    Before my lapband surgery I was hot allll the time- winter, summer, spring, in front a full blown air conditioner... since lapband and 110 lb wt loss, I am freezing all the time! Not sure if it's due to bad circulation and vitamin deficiency ( I am d and b12 def) , or just the weight loss. I have to admit, I would rather be cold than burning up and sweating my buns off all the time. Just so new to me to be cold. Been over 5 yrs since my wt loss and surgery, but still learning so much about my new body and myself. All good.
  • tuppance
    tuppance Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I am cold all the time too - I hadn't thought about why, just noted that I am cold
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I'm cold a lot too, and complain bitterly about it :tongue: I keep a blanket on my chair at home for snuggling under. Bring on the summer heat! Though I hope eventually my internal thermostat will adjust.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'm cold a lot too, and complain bitterly about it :tongue: I keep a blanket on my chair at home for snuggling under. Bring on the summer heat! Though I hope eventually my internal thermostat will adjust.

Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen. I lost 40 lbs about 12 years ago and that's when I started freezing all the time. I gained that weight back, but was still always freezing. Now I've lost almost all of it again and I am sitting in my office this morning with my little space heater going. The only time I am not freezing is when I am working out, and then I am sweating like a pig. LOL
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen.
    Because it didn't happen to you? That seems like a pretty small sample size. I adjusted just fine.
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I used to be hot all the time. Now I'm always cold, especially my hands/fingers.
  • fuzzywuzy
    fuzzywuzy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 lb in 8 weeks and before I was also always warm, but feel cold a lot now. I'm glad I'm not the only one !
  • Stephisonaroll
    Options
    yes me too~
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Yep me too especially my hands and fingers just wear gloves a lot
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, since I started losing weight, I would be FREEZING. Last week I started drinking sugar free/caffeine free organic teas and boy it's helped a lot.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, that's not likely to happen.
    Because it didn't happen to you? That seems like a pretty small sample size. I adjusted just fine.

I agree with the first poster, maybe you'll adjust a little, but expect to be colder than you were before. I'm always cold, except when working out. All my "smaller" friends are cold a lot too.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I get cold hands and feet, usually when i have been dieting for a long period of time. It can for "some" be a sign that your metabolic rate has slowed down. You can get an idea if that may be the case by taking your core body temperature, using an ear canal thermometer or an under the tongue type. When i used to diet with a large deficit for long periods of time, my temp would be always be about 35 degrees, these days its about 36.8 - 37 degrees which is optimal. Here is an link for more info for anyone interested.

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/LenaWong.shtml