What is the 30 Day Shred? Q & A Thread

Options

Replies

• jarmstrong0711
    Options
    Thanks so much!!! I just started today and was going to ask how to log it.
  • leahhugh
    leahhugh Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Ok... just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm on day 3. So we do the level 1 routine for 10 days, right? And it's the SAME exact work out every time for 10 days? I thought each day would be a different workout for 10 days at that level. Ok, so then you move on to Level 2 for 10 days and then Level 3 for the last 10.

That is correct. You do the one workout for 10 days straight. It builds muscles and prepares you for more advanced versions of the moves in the following level. For example, day one on Level 1 I couldn't do one push up at all. By day 10, I could do ten full blown pushups in a row! Level 2 has a lot of planks, so I can see now how the pushups prepared me for the planks.

Happy shredding!:flowerforyou:

Thank You! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Because I always heard you're not supposed to work the same muscles 2 days in a row and now I'm doing the same ones for 10 days! OK, so I'll keep going... on day 4 today! It is a very quick work out even though I'm not burning that many calories, but hopefully I'll build some muscle!:smile: I'll let you know how I do by day 30!

I did level 1 for 15 days, monday through friday. I wanted to be sure I was ready for level two, which is much harder. I just completed day 2 of level 2. The first day of level 2 I had to pause multiple times, and I nearly threw up once, I was sticking with Natalie - bad choice. Today, though, I only paused twice, and didn't get close to throwing up! I did some moves like Anita, and some like Natalie, it worked out nice! Also, during level one I lost two inches around my navel :)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ok... just want to make sure I'm doing this right. I'm on day 3. So we do the level 1 routine for 10 days, right? And it's the SAME exact work out every time for 10 days? I thought each day would be a different workout for 10 days at that level. Ok, so then you move on to Level 2 for 10 days and then Level 3 for the last 10.

That is correct. You do the one workout for 10 days straight. It builds muscles and prepares you for more advanced versions of the moves in the following level. For example, day one on Level 1 I couldn't do one push up at all. By day 10, I could do ten full blown pushups in a row! Level 2 has a lot of planks, so I can see now how the pushups prepared me for the planks.

Happy shredding!:flowerforyou:

Thank You! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Because I always heard you're not supposed to work the same muscles 2 days in a row and now I'm doing the same ones for 10 days! OK, so I'll keep going... on day 4 today! It is a very quick work out even though I'm not burning that many calories, but hopefully I'll build some muscle!:smile: I'll let you know how I do by day 30!

I'm doing it 5 days on 1 day off...everything I've read says you should let your body rest and recuperate. Plus I think it will help with my boredom, I've tried to do this workout a couple of times in the past staright through and I get so flipping bored by Day 7 or 8 of level 1 I give up. Today will be day 7 of level 1, after a days break between days 5 and 6...and I feel so much better (mentally!) for having taken a day off.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I would like to add that in the DVD I got you can TURN JILLIAN'S VOICE OFF and just listen to the music. :)
  • penrbrown
    Options

I'm doing it 5 days on 1 day off...everything I've read says you should let your body rest and recuperate. Plus I think it will help with my boredom, I've tried to do this workout a couple of times in the past staright through and I get so flipping bored by Day 7 or 8 of level 1 I give up. Today will be day 7 of level 1, after a days break between days 5 and 6...and I feel so much better (mentally!) for having taken a day off.

When you get bored why not just switch to the next level for a day or two to shake things up?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    What happens after I complete the 30 days? Can I start over to maintain? Or will I still lose more weight doing it all over again? Should I move on to another JM video/workout plan?
    You might want to move on to something like 6 week 6 pack or Ripped in 30 - these are probably the natural progression from 30DS.
  • Greenhaven44
    Greenhaven44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    so does it work ?
  • LittleMissNerdy
    LittleMissNerdy Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    This is really helpful! Thanks!
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    its actually not meant to be done 30 days straight.. ten days at each level yes (unless it gets too easy) BUT jillian herself says to do it 2 days then a cardio day then 2 days then cardio then rest day. She actually says that the rest day is VERY important just an FYI
  • evaleung87
    Options
    bump :)
  • JenW0217
    JenW0217 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • penrbrown
    Options
    its actually not meant to be done 30 days straight.. ten days at each level yes (unless it gets too easy) BUT jillian herself says to do it 2 days then a cardio day then 2 days then cardio then rest day. She actually says that the rest day is VERY important just an FYI

? Really? All the information I've ever read about the 30DS says do it for 30 days straight through. I've never heard about rest days, except for Ripped in 30.

Where did you find this info? I suppose I should pay more attention to the DVD... like, maybe watch the introduction or something. Haha.
  • lmd172
    lmd172 Posts: 172
    Options
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options

? Really? All the information I've ever read about the 30DS says do it for 30 days straight through. I've never heard about rest days, except for Ripped in 30.

Where did you find this info? I suppose I should pay more attention to the DVD... like, maybe watch the introduction or something. Haha.
    [/quote

it was in a podcast jillian made (so her talking responding to someones question) my friend showed it to me :-)
  • AntShanny
    AntShanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options

When you get bored why not just switch to the next level for a day or two to shake things up?

That's what I had planned to do if I was going to do 30 days straight, but after reading about rest days I figured I'd try doing the 10 days each level. We'll see how it goes.
  • KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lissrn
    lissrn Posts: 60 Member
    Options
  • k_braddock
    k_braddock Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this. I got two days in to it and couldn't walk...then got too busy to start back up. I'm going for it again and not giving up this time.
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I've been wanting to try this but am scared to death for some crazy reason. I use the elliptical 5 days a week but really need to add this. I am going to dust this off and try it (bought from Amazon 4/8/2008). I need to get over my fear of this workout!
  • lacespace
    lacespace Posts: 12
    Options
    Huh I have not see this yet. Guess I better leave my cave more often! I would love to try this but really not good to put to much belief in something that is a quick fix. I would see this as more of a jump start to a long term lifestyle change. Man she is in such great shape, and to think she was a fat kid!