swimming costumes.... urgh

Options
okay guys,

i was thinking of swimming once a week on top of my the 3 gyms visits i have already.

BUT

i hate swimming costumes.... hugely....... anyone know of any that arent the usual tight, clingy, small ones?

also any of you girls seen a difference with swimming? i dont want to suffer the humiliation of a swimming cozi if its minimal and i could just go to the gym more! lol

Thanks!

Replies

• SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Im exactly the same, I dont go swimming but im going away soon where i need to be in the water! You can get swimdresses which are more flattering than swimming costumes i think, and personally i bought some board shorts and a tankini top seperately so im completely covered :) Just a few suggestions hope they help xx
  • zumbamommaof4
    zumbamommaof4 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My son currently swims for 1hr and 45 minutes (swimming class) He burns over 1200 calories. so and hour would probably be about 600 calories for an hour. You need to find a swimming calculator online. That way you can enter how much you weigh and how long you did the exercise. You will get a better calorie assessment that way :)

Oh I do water sport in the summer, I love wearing board shorts and a surf rash guard. These are very modest and cover everything :)
  • withervein
    withervein Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You might consider looking at the suits they make for athletic swimmers. The one pieces usually have good coverage up top and across the back and modest in the bottom because they aren't made for fashion, but function. Speedo makes a good functional one piece.
  • scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Speedo or TYR one piece suits. Really the only way to go if you're going to try and keep good form and actually swim. Same reason I had to put my issues aside and move from baggy board shorts to swim jammers.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have this speedo ultraback conservative in navy. it's not the prettiest suit but it is flattering, holds me in/together and covers all the right places. I hit the pool to swim with a purpose. I have a fancy non-purposeful suit for other occasions.

http://www.swimoutlet.com/product_p/1109.htm
  • Sugoiharris
    Sugoiharris Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm a big swimmer and I was always uncomfortable in a swimsuit but when I'm in my speedo racerback suit made for athletic swimming I don't feel as uncomfortable cause it's more serious . It's a little mental for me I have to dress for what I'm doing and if I'm dressed seriously (like a serious swimmer) i forget about what other people think about my suit and just focus on swimming. They make them so they aren't high cut on the hips too so that it is even more modest. If you swim in shorts or a swimdress sometimes they get in the way and limit your motion but at the same time they add more resistence.

I've always swam (even when I was fat) so I don't feel like it is an extra workout for me just a way to move and do what I love. Though for you it might be different, it's a nice whole body workout and remember do drink lots of water, it's easy to dehydrate in the pool.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I love the Joe Browns swim dresses. I get mine for simply be. Very flattering. Zara x
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Swimming will kick your butt calorie wise and you get in upper and lower body at the same time. Go to the sports store and look at the competition suits. They aren't skimpy becasue when you're swimming fast, skimpy won't do.