diet iced tea.....is it just as bad as diet soda?

Options
help please!! I am currently replacing diet soda with diet iced tea. the question is: are the diet teas just as bad as the soda? if they are, what would be a good alternative? I need guidance, because I am getting seriously tired of driking nothing but water, coffee & unsweetened tea.

Replies

• methodless
    Options
    I have the same problem as you asn I think the answer is yes
    They both contain Splenda or Aspartame, so I would imagine they are equally as "bad" unless one has some other property which compensates for it that I am unaware of

I can't tolerate drinking just water, I have been pouring lemon juice into mine, just enough to change the colour seems to do me well.
  • kelly63049
    Options
    My issue is similar in that I use Crystal Light to get my water in and cut back on Diet Coke but I wonder if its a positive change or just a change.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    My issue is similar in that I use Crystal Light to get my water in and cut back on Diet Coke but I wonder if its a positive change or just a change.

I would vote for just a change. They all have artificial sweeteners and other questionable ingredients.

Try smashing up a little fruit in plain or carbonated water. A few berries, mashed mango or mashed watermelon...all are pretty tasty and all natural.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Make a half gallon of tea and add 1/4 cup real sugar. After a week, bring the sugar down to 3 Tbl. ..... keep lowering it ....see if you CAN bring yourself to like unsweetened tea.

Brew your own iced tea using a combination of unflavored / flavored bags. 1 bag of Lipton Family size plus 2 flavored bags Lipton Pyramid Wild Berry makes 1/2 gallon. The tea will not be "berry" flavored exactly ..... but the flavored tea really mellows it out

Twining 4 Red Fruits is also good for mellowing black iced tea

Brewing green tea - Luzianne makes a family sized green tea, add Lipton Pyramid Mandarin Orange or Arizona Orange (tea bags). Adding slices of gingerroot (during brewing) is good in green tea.

Try adding sliced fruit to your tea. Oranges, limes, etc.
  • clbelles
    clbelles Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Try making the iced tea with Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice tea. It tastes sweet without the sugar, somehow the Cinnamon fools your taste buds.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Diet teas have the same "fake" sugar as diet soda. Maybe you could switch to an all natural tea, or unsweetened tea with lemon.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Agree with cadaverous. I can't stand diet drinks, the aftertaste is :sick: . I steep green or white tea for 2 minutes with a couple of slices of fresh ginger, squeeze in some lime or lemon, ice and there you go.
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    make you some plain ice tea and some simple syrup a cup of sugar and water on the stove than you just put a littel in your ice tea