Looking for HEALTHY friends

Options
Hi Everyone!

I've been on this site for about 4 months, but I'm running into some difficulties with MFP friends!

I'm a 5'1, 24 year old girl who has about 25-30 pounds more to lose. I've lost 13 so far, yay! Anyway, I've had a hard time finding friends who are going about weight loss in a HEALTHY way. I've unfriended several people who consistently eat 600-800 calories a day and who have unhealthy goals.

I'm looking for friends who try their best, eat, and exercise when they can. I LOVE food, and I don't believe in severely restricting the things that I like to eat. I believe in eating smaller portions of them! My diary is open to my friends, and I do have the occasional bad day, but I'm not ashamed of that.

So add me! I love to give/receive encouragement, and i'm open to any age/gender/lifestyle :-)

Replies

• kkjjll
    kkjjll Posts: 31
    Options
    afternoon, i am right with you, its all about healthy life style changes, good for you picking it up at an early age.... be blessed :)
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Here here! I feel the same way. Anyone can add, I'm all about eating right and working out HARD. :)
  • NickiParris74
    NickiParris74 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me :)
  • stacymay13
    stacymay13 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    So glad to hear that someone else deletes people for things like that lol. Feel free to add me if you'd like :smile:
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm going to add you. I need some MFP friends to help keep me motivated. My diary is open, but beware, some of the things I eat are very random. haha.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Dont normally add people this way, but your thread caught my eye,I like what you have said and agree with the whole not restricting yourself. read my profile and if you like what you read and see. please send me and add, :smile:
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I agree with you whole heartedly, it has to be healthy! Request on its way to you!
  • bcc112986
    bcc112986 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Hey. Add me!

I have made a healthy lifestyle change and I am not going back.

I eat about 1200-1600 calories a day. I adjust once a month after my weigh in.

Best of luck everyone!

BC ;)
  • ldy3stp
    ldy3stp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do I add someone as a friend?
  • brittldb
    brittldb Posts: 12
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss and goals. I have been on my weight loss journey for 2 years. I never had weight issues until after I got married. I gained like 25 lbs, then I got pregnant and gained liked 52 more lbs. My wedding dress was a size 4 in 2005. 5 years later in 2010 I was wearing a size 18. I was very disgusted with myself. Then I lost my job. So I decided I could either sit around and mope or get moving. I started walking to Leslie Sansone dvds and changed my eating habits. I cut out diet sodas and the weight came off. It is still a work in progress. I struggle daily with making good food choices and working out, but I'm happy with what I've accomplished. I do not believe in starving myself or depriving myself of a certain food. I just choose a smaller portion. Some days I only get 10 minutes of exercise in, but I try to make the most of that 10 minutes. I still have 10lbs to go, but I will get there.
  • jenuin1
    jenuin1 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there--

I really like what you wrote! Please consider adding me-- I'd appreciate some mutual motivation toward healthy eating and excercise! I have a few MFP friends who I know in "real life," but I came on here today wondering whether a couple of supportive virtual friends would help motivate me. Like you, I'd like to connect with people who aren't obsessing over calories, but who are active, positive, and trying to make better choices. I also have lost 13 pounds and have more than that still to go.

--Jen
  • kturn6420
    kturn6420 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I've still got a ways to goal but I am a total FOODIE who's been doing this since the end of december. Now that I have my eating down to a fine art (lol) I've added in exercise slowly. If I can do this, anyone can!
  • wvtracyann
    wvtracyann Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    hello I am 5'4 and 27 and have 21 more pounds to lose and I have lost 9 already I try to eat as healthy as I can and always try to hit my 1200 mark unless I workout then sometimes I dont eat those calories back. feel free to add me wvtracyann
  • karenzaphyr
    Options
    Wow! I like your attitude. It's all in the choices we make. We can't beat ourselves up with every choice. All we can do is move on. I exercise 6 times a week and for the most part eat healthy. Feel free to add me if you would like. It's great to be around like minded people.